Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Do not disturb schedule not working

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 07:36 AM)
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
My do not disturb schedule is not working properly, its turning itself off before the time I have set 😑 I have tried deleted the schedule and setting it up again, deleting the schedule and creating a bixby routine to turn it on and off, nothing seems to work.

Anyone else experienced this?
23 REPLIES 23
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
there's been a few mentions about this, what device(s) are you using including wearables if any?
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I have recently changed devices from s10 to s10 lite but was experiencing the same thing on the s10, I also have a watch active.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
alright, 2 quick things you can test within a minute or two before we try anything else,

please go into the settings For DnD and check if you have any exceptions allowed, then disconnect your Bluetooth and set a 5 dnd schedule, if possible try calling and texting yourself from another device.

in addition you say it turns off before it should , have you by any chance got several timezones set up for any reason?
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I do have exceptions set, favourite contacts only and alarm. What do you mean by set a 5 DnD schedule?

I know the exceptions work as I woke this morning at 5am because I got a messenger notification and my DnD was off even though it was set to turn off at 7am. When I checked my notifications, I had other messenger notifications from 11/12 last night that did not sound through the night, so DnD silenced these as it should. It seems it turns itself off around 5am.

Date and time is set automatically in settings, I will try and set this manually, but I don't think this is the cause as DnD comes on at 8pm as per schedule, its just turning off earlier that set 😴 and I'm getting woken up! Ha
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
what time does your DnD turn itself off and what time is the closest alarm to that time?

5 DnD was a typo, meant to read "5 minute DnD"

I've had mine on with similar settings for an hour and a few exceptions set for testing purposes and didn't encounter any problems,

first thought is there something allowing it to be turned off, but even allowing certain actions shouldn't deactivate the DnD mode.

as for timezones, whilst your clock is set automatically you could still add several time zones and have them updated automatically too that's why I asked.

I'll do a bit more testing , my S10 is on a 9am to 9pm DnD schedule and I'll keep you posted.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't know the actual time it's turning itself off as I'm never awake that early, but I know it's between 1-5am, my alarm is set for 6am.

I did Google this problem, and there was a similar post which suggested this problem can happen after using smart switch to transfer settings etc to a new phone, for some reason the DnD settings transfer across and are then unchangeable, which is a possibility because I use to wake up earlier and go to the gym before work. But I'd really like to know how to resolve it! Ha really hoping I don't have to do a factory reset and do a fresh set up 😏
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
yeah I have a tonne of problems with my own 3x S21U's and can't use smart switch at all or it becomes far worse.

lete test this throughout the day and see if I can replicate your error.

sadly when I googled it earlier I saw the same, I prefer a process of elimination rather than jumping straight to the "just reset the phone" solution so many are a fan of.

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks, I am going to do a test tonight, not having a schedule set, and turning on DnD manually to 'stay on until I turn it off' and see if the same issue happens.
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
good idea, will follow up tomorrow AM then
0 Likes