Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Battery draining very fast after UI update on 26th January 2024

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 11:06 AM)
Nitesh1
Student
Options

Samsung mobile phone battery is draining very fast after the UI update of 26th January. This is pathetic. From last two days, when I go to sleep I have around 50% battery and when I wake up my mobile is switched off due to low battery. 

Kindly resolve this pathetic issue soon else I need to switch to iphone in next 2 days.

Samsung sucks. 

I need to restore my software to the older version immediately. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nitesh1
Student
Options

Wiping cache partition worked for me. Now the battery drain is normal.

View solution in context

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39
RPB100
Voyager
Options
What model and what apps are causing drain. Mine loses about 4% overnight.
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
I'm afraid your time line of 2 days isn't going to help here. If you feel iPhone is better than Samsung then that is a personal choice.

In the meantime, when did you last action a Wipe Partition Cache on your device? It is recommended to do this after every major OS update and periodically after monthly Security Patch updates. This clears your device of temporary files and does not delete your data.
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you wipe the cache partition regularly 🤔 should always wipe it after every update 😉
0 Likes
Members_gEoipAo
Student
Options

I updated my samsung tab s7+ to the latest UI and security update. Now the one UI drains the battery in few hours. the tablet is useless to me at the moment. Previously  my battery used to last for several days in standby mode. I am shocked by how these companies sell their product to consumers and these products is not owned 100% by us. At any moment an update would be pushed to ruin the digital products.

Members_v2FTrA7
Student
Options

Same here. Updated a week ago and since my phone can't even make it through about 8 hours without being <20% an thats not even with constanr use. Just burning away in my pocket. Come on Samsung, next update to resolve this please! 

JarleNor
First Poster
Options

I have tje exact same problem since updating 28 january. Anyone have a solution?

LoidGa
Student
Options
Absolutely, it's ridiculous it drains so fast
0 Likes
LoidGa
Student
Options
UI update draining battery like crazy
0 Likes
n0b0dy62
Student
Options

I have the same isue with my s23 ultra. Before update my battery held under normal and hard usage the entire day. I have the phone for about 1 year now, and never happened that my phone went off during the day. So Samsung what ever you did please make it right. Thank you!