Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Battery draining very fast after UI update on 26th January 2024

(Topic created on: 26-03-2024 11:43 PM)
Nitesh1
Student
Options

Samsung mobile phone battery is draining very fast after the UI update of 26th January. This is pathetic. From last two days, when I go to sleep I have around 50% battery and when I wake up my mobile is switched off due to low battery. 

Kindly resolve this pathetic issue soon else I need to switch to iphone in next 2 days.

Samsung sucks. 

I need to restore my software to the older version immediately. 

39 REPLIES 39
inetbas
Journeyman
Options

Oh yeah, because my A71 uses now constant so much power/battery. Also charging it back to full take at least twice as much time with the same decent charger. Where normally from 20-30% to roughly full it takes  up to 2 hours. It is now at least double the time.
The phone is now more or less unworkable to deal with.

0 Likes
fgandhi
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my S20FE. Battery working perfectly before update. And now it doesn't last more than a few hours. Also heats up to what must be very unsafe temperature for the battery while sitting idle. This issue is a serious safety hazard.

adrian4design
First Poster
Options
My galaxy note 20 5g is having the same issue, massive battery drain, overheating and very slow to charge. 

Without a fast charger the battery is discharging faster than it can charge!

Unless this gets fixed my handset is practically unusable, I'm having to keep it plugged in almost constantly.
Mzach
Student
Options

Has anyone found a solution? It's been going on for some time now and I have tried many things, like wiping the cache partition but to no avail.

0 Likes
Solution
Nitesh1
Student
Options

Wiping cache partition worked for me. Now the battery drain is normal.

0 Likes
Twiztedclown
First Poster
Options

I'm glad ive reset everything even a factory reset and notice often when not even in use google play store using up 62%of resources yet not background downloading or updating taking place. Now this is while using youtube so not sure if there is any link there. Still fast drain and not as quick of accepted charge even though reflecting super fast charging on a barely year old s23 ultra. I also forgot to mention in a previous post since the same update time my gf pixel 6 pro showed similar issues. Velieving this to be android wide at this point.

0 Likes
inetbas
Journeyman
Options

Wipe cache etc unfortunately doesn't work in my case on my A71.  The phone stays very warm in the top left corner both in the front as on the back. Battery dead in about 4 h.

inetbas
Journeyman
Options

It could be an early call. But as the issue started mystriously 3-weeks ago. While last night my A71  was still running warm and consuming battery like hell.
This morning I found my A71 , at the overnight charger, feeling normal cool again and the battery power lifespan back to normal. Hence no draining.

Although this feels like a relief. It naggs me as technical person not being able to tell on pin to a root cause. It came suddenly, I tried everything to mitigate the battery drain, it went away suddenly. 

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Samsung note s20 ultra 5g, I've held off updating fone since 2021, last week I had the battery changed, battery duration was improved, sadly today at work I accidently accepted the install, so then Installed UI 4, I liked the layout, so like a fool I updated a further 3 times till it was UI 5 and 13, within a couple hours I noticed how fast the battery was draining, I heard about built in obsolescence but this is summing else
0 Likes
Ryan72
Apprentice
Options

i had went down to my local samaung service center for servicing and also feedback on battery drain fast after UI6.0 updates. i was told there was a temporary fix on battery draining fast issue and still working for permanent fix.

i assume and guess there may be a 'silent' updates in the background on samsung phone but just that without our knowledge. so it may seems like the issue 'went away suddenly'

0 Likes