Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is it ok for Samsung to send engineers into my home from a covid 19 area without informing me

(Topic created on: 03-09-2020 10:30 AM)
steve691
Journeyman
Options

why is this allowed to happen especially as i have informed them of my dad being terminally ill and any infection could kill him, after several calls and complaints and having to self isolate and not see my dad for over a week you insist another engineer re visit my home from the same area dispite my concerns and having spoken with a manager who said that the item would be replaced your company now goes back on its word 

Samsung your customer service department is awfull 

10 REPLIES 10
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung dont care they make money regardless of what people post, their customer care is awful, their devices are becoming a load of rubbish with big hype and when A device is released the big specs mean nothing they don't work, awful cameras blurry unfocused mess, low light is awful, over heating and the disastrous note 20 already, I'll never go with them again and this is from a use to be big samsung fan, You're more then right to have such concern and voiced your opinion so it shouldn't have happene. disgraceful really don't let them insist anything, you're the customer and paid them not the other way around, stay safe
0 Likes
RhysH
Pathfinder
Options
Why would an engineer come to your home in the first place? you didn't state in your post why they are coming to your home. If you contacted them to repair something, how else do you expect them to fix it? If you was that concerned, you would of moved such appliance to another place like a friends house and get them to attempt the repair at that location.
Galaxy S20+ G986B/DS Enterprise Edition (EE) Unlocked "UI 2.5"
0 Likes
steve691
Journeyman
Options

It was to repair a faulty fridge freezer,  full details of the fault on the fridge in relation to it not cooling down to the ice build up on the little vent at the back. When the engineer turned up he opened the door and said wish someone would have told me what the fault was as this is a common thing and will probably go again. That says a lot about Samsung's products doesn't it

0 Likes
RhysH
Pathfinder
Options

Ok. Fair enough. In regards to the repairs. Samsung hires out certified contractors to fix/repair their equipment. And the Covid situation. I'd request anyone entering your home to wear a mask. I'd also be leaving windows open to keep a current of clean air flowing through the house. I'd also request that he/she does not enter this room due to a high-risk family member. If they can't respect these decisions, I'd ask them to leave and leave a complaint.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Was this repair arranged directly by Samsung? Or did you call the Service Centre? A number of questions are usually asked to determine the level of risk at the property.

We also ask that you please wipe down the product before the engineers visit. Then whilst the engineer is at your address, we ask you to please keep at least two metres away from the engineer. Your product will be completely wiped down and sanitised after the work has been completed.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
steve691
Journeyman
Options

The repair was done through Samsung directly and they got me to run some tests beforehand and then confirmed the issue before sending out the engineer. In relation to my father both Samsung and the repair centre was fully made aware of his health and at no point was i told of an engineer travelling from within a local lockdown area. 

0 Likes
RhysH
Pathfinder
Options

When you made Samsung aware. The engineer may not have received all the details from the Service Centre correctly. But yes. You did say it was done through Samsung directly, but they hire out contractors whom are Samsung certified to work on their products.

Regards to local lockdown area. People are still allowed to do essential work only. Repairing a fridge is essential work. Office work is not considered essential, so people must work at home.

0 Likes
steve691
Journeyman
Options

Whilst i understand that people are having to work remotely, the repair centre was also informed directly what happened to common sense and informing customers so they have the option to allow them to enter or not. 

0 Likes
steve691
Journeyman
Options

Whilst i understand that people are having to work remotely, the repair centre was also informed directly what happened to common sense and informing customers so they have the option to allow them to enter or not. 

0 Likes