Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UK and their service company claiming incorrectly that the 2 year warranty runs from date of Manufacture

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 02:56 PM)
RWilsonL
Apprentice
Options

My very expensive heat pump tumble dryer has died with an HC error code, which means a heat pump system overheat. It will not reset and the manual says contact service. I did this advising that the date of delivery of this machine from AO was July 14, 2018 and it was therefore still within the 2 year warranty period. I have sent Samsung UK a copy of the AO invoice, showing 14/7/18 as delivery date. Samsung UK are still advising Group FX that it is not covered by warranty due to manufacture date. I have spent hours on the phone with their useless support service in the Philippines, where the standard of spoken English is poor, the level of comprehension worse and the willingness to assist, zero. Samsung's own website says that the customer will need to show the visiting engineer a copy of the invoice as proof of a valid warranty. It says nothing about having to jump through hoops to try and prove this, only for Samsung fraudulently to deny the valid warranty. 

I have contacted AO's complaints dept, asking them to sort this out, as my legal contractual relationship is with the retailer and only indirectly with the manufacturer in consequence of their supplied written warranty with the machine. However they do not make it easy and it is impossible to speak to a human being only a moronic computer, whose artificial intelligence is very low. 

It is quite appalling that a company with the supposed standing of Samsung, is trying their very utmost to swerve their obligations and put every obstacle in the way of getting the warranty repair, to which I am entitled. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @RWilsonL ,

this is clearly not the experience that we would like our customers to have. When exactly did you purchase the machine and why have our colleagues stated that this is now out of warranty? Have you tried to reach us from any other channel: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ to have a look at this for you?

0 Likes
RWilsonL
Apprentice
Options

The machine was bought new from AO UK and delivered July 14 2018 at a cost of £694.00, so very far from a budget machine. I have been trying to resolve this via your support contact number 0333 000 0333 and via Group FX. At least Group FX understand my frustration but say their hands are tied unless Samsung UK confirm to them that the warranty remains in effect. Group FX said they would email Samsung UK, saying that the customer had sent Samsung a copy of the invoice, validating a current warranty. I sent a copy of the AO invoice to uk.technical@samsung.com yesterday,  under reference ********. After that they again informed Group FX over night, that the machine was out of warranty even though the invoice proved 100%  otherwise. I  have resent the invoice today to uk.technical@samsung.com asking what sort of game do they think they are playing. I have yet to hear anything further from either Samsung UK or Group FX. Something is going very wrong here. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@RWilsonL: Sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this matter. I have checked your reference number and can see that a callback is in place on your account, pending the confirmation of your proof of purchase. With this in mind, you should expect to hear from the Home Appliance Team as soon as they're able to verify your invoice.

Note: I removed the reference number from your post for data protection purposes.
RWilsonL
Apprentice
Options

Another day going past and still no contact from either Samsung UK or Group FX on my repair. Just how long does it take someone to read a delivery date on the copy invoice I supplied and authorise the warranty repair. Very inefficient service and just not customer orientated at all. Covid-19 excuses are wearing very thin indeed. This is the sort thing that any well managed company would be easily able to organise from home-working staff. It only requires a modicum of intelligence, application and motivation from management. 

0 Likes
RWilsonL
Apprentice
Options
Still extremely disappointed with Samsung service. We have been offered a 29 June service date for our broken heat pump tumble dryer. This is in spite of explaining that my wife is running a medical physiotherapy clinic and in view of Covid risk, is having to wash large amounts of PPE every day. Every patient requires fresh plinth towelling coverings and multiple sets of scrubs are used every day. When the weather is fine we can just about manage but when it rains, we have wet towelling abd scrubs hanging up all round our house. Close to a month for a warranty repair for essential medical personnel is just not acceptable. I cannot ever see me buying Samsung domestic appliances again. Truly appalling.
0 Likes