Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung RSG5UUMH wont dump ice

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 01:31 PM)
Andy104
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have an American Fridge Freezer Model RSG5UUMH. It's fills the ice tray with water, the water in the tray freezes, however the Ice Maker doesn't dump the ice. This is several hours after the tray is filled with water and it's frozen, if left it doesn't dump the ice. If I press the ice maker reset button, the ice is dumped, water is pumped into the ice tray again, so the paddles to eject the ice aren't stuck. It's just not doing it automatically.

The problem occured following all the ice being used and it having to start from an empty container, approx 2 to 3 weeks ago. The Freezer is at -19c, I've tried on power freeze going down to -25. Power reset.

I've seen a number of posts on here about Ice Maker issues but none of the problem match the issue I have.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Andy104 ,

have you tried the steps listed HERE? When and where did you get the fridge?

0 Likes
Andy104
First Poster
Options

@TessM wrote:

Hi @Andy104 ,

have you tried the steps listed HERE? When and where did you get the fridge?

Hi TessM. Thank you for your reply. The water supply is OK, the ice tray fills and freezes, it's just the ice maker doesn't automatically dump it. The Fridge is nearly 6 years old now and I got it from Currys. 

0 Likes
Andy104
First Poster
Options

Problem Resolved. Found a second hand icemaker on eBay. Fitted, ice being dumped within hours. Fitted old icemaker again, left for 2 days, no ice being dumped. 

Problem Solved by replacing IceMaker - Fault unknown

Scenario - Water being pumped into icemaker, water freezing but then not being dumped automatically. Ice dumped by pressing reset button on icemaker, then filled with water again, and so on.....

0 Likes
Borinous
First Poster
Options

Sounds the same as my issue I have ice but it’s not dumping I suspect the tray isn’t getting heated to release the cubes the rake is trying to get them out but can’t budge them. It doesn’t dump even when I hit the test button. Ordered a replacement ice maker see if it resolves the issue.

0 Likes