Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Easy View™ MC28M6055CK 28 Litre Combination Microwave Oven - Black

(Topic created on: 12-12-2022 11:31 AM)
Saeran
First Poster
Options

Having an issue with this oven.

After pre-heating the oven, which it does fine, a small diamond symbol flashes above the clock on the RH side and the oven will not start when I try to switch it on. The only way I seem to get around this is set it back to pre-heat and let the 10 min timer run out and rinse and repeat.

Rang Samsung CS and they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Any suggestions welcome please!

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
justmegt1
First Poster
Options

I found setting the timer under 10mins for HotBlast and Microwave a temporary solution. I would prefer a permanent solution. Mine is about 15 months old, as well. It used to work fine. I used to set the HotBalst for 20 22 24 mins with no problems. 

0 Likes
Members_rsVm92D
Apprentice
Options

My daughter has a MC28M6055CK/EU Easy View Microwave. She bought it in July 2020 DIRECTLY from Samsung website. Been fine until a few weeks ago and now, the start button will not respond. All the other buttons function, but you have this little diamond symbol (which I take to mean press start button) but the start button does nothing.

My daughter is VERY dyslexic, so does not find written instructions easy, but she remembered that this microwave came with a 3 year warranty, so expected the fault would be fixed . I have been in touch with Samsung on her behalf and they say that to get the 3 year warranty, she had to register within 90 days. She had not understood this and (not unreasonably) thought that as is was bought directly from Samsung, then why to you have to tell Samsung that you just bought a Samsung microwave from Samsung!! They are just using this as a get-out! I have explained that being dyslexic, she may not have understood this and asked they consider this fact. They raised it up a level and then came back saying that she failed to follow the T&Cs, so they are not going to honour the warranty.

Has anyone found an actual repair for this issue - which does seem to be a known problem, looking at the posts in this thread. I hate big companies like Samsung trying to get out of responsibility on a technicality. My daughter has been on maternity leave from work, so finding life difficult financially, so doesn't want to go any buy a new microwave. If she has to do so - it won't be a Samsung!

0 Likes
justmegt1
First Poster
Options

I found another work around for my oven. I can't set the timer for more than 10 mins. It's the same for hot blast and microwave. So:

I set the timer for 1 min.

Press start.

Immediately press stop.

Increase the timer to 20 mins, 22 mins or 24 mins. Depending on what's cooking.

Press start again.

Not perfect but it works for now. Should see me through Christmas.

0 Likes
Members_rsVm92D
Apprentice
Options

Just an update on my MC28M6055CK/EU Easy View microwave issue. It has been repaired as a 'goodwill gesture' by Samsung, thanks mainly to my using the 'Email CEO' button on the website.

The repair guy said he had seen this problem before and knew immediatly that it required a replacement PCB. Must have taken him about 5 minutes to do and bingo, all the problems were solved.

So, the bad news is that if you have this problem, there is no simple fix or 'reset' that you can do. It is down to a faulty PCB, that has to be replaced.

Microwave PCB.jpg

Steve261
First Poster
Options

hi can you please verify that the board in your picture is what was replaced, many thanks

Bsy
First Poster
Options

The issue is with start button

The diamond symbol is of start button. It can be fixed by replacing the touch panel that is behind it.

IMG_20230729_142751.jpg

0 Likes
Bsy
First Poster
Options

IMG_20230729_142759.jpg

 this is what will change 

0 Likes
justmegt1
First Poster
Options

I still have this problem. The Combination Microwave is now out of warranty. Where can you get the membranes?

The fan is now making a lot of noise, when using as a fan oven. It’s only just over 3 years old. Not impressed. When it’s working 100%, it’s great but I’d expect it to last longer than 3 years. Does anyone know where I can also get a fan motor. I think I can fit it myself.

I have one more workaround, if it’s any good to anyone.

Select Hot Blast or Microwave

Select time (under 10mins)

Press start

After it starts, turn timer control to desired time over 10mins

I often cook things for 20, 25 and 30 mins.

0 Likes
Saeran
First Poster
Options

As an update to this as I just got a notification that someone had replied. My microwave decided one day to just completely stop working. It was just over three years old. I skipped it and bought another brand. Will NEVER purchase Samsung again.

0 Likes
justmegt1
First Poster
Options

I have ordered a new convector fan motor. When I removed the old one I removed the thermostat from the back. There was a fibre washer on the self tapping screw, holding the thermostat plate onto the back of the microwave. The washer fell off in 2 halves. I can't see what it does, apart from stopping the screw from falling out, when dismantling. Does anyone know what it does? I also wondered if there is a trick to stop the spindle turning, when the fan blade is replaced. I had to partially dismantle the motor and grip it with large pliers, when the fan blade was removed.

0 Likes