Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS8000 American Fridge Freezer doors not level

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 02:01 PM)
pete-b
First Poster
Options

My new fridge freezer RS8000 arrived and doors are not aligned at the top.

Looking at the instructions, it seems I can only raise the right hand side door but to align the doors I need to drop the right hand side door or raise the left hand side door. 

Any idea how to do this?

22 REPLIES 22
Pentland
First Poster
Options

I solved this by adjusting the height of the front left levelling foot. The plastic part. 

The fridge freezer can twist slight causing the doors to mis align. So although the fridge freezer looks level it’s twisted front to back (possibly even diagonally)

Even if you think you have the left and right legs level, turn the left one. It will remove the twist from the unit, levelling the doors while the whole unit remains level  You don’t need much adjustment to do this.

0 Likes
RPB100
Voyager
Options

Thank you worked a treat unlike the instructors.  Still have a tilt back which I know is supposed to be there but seems quite pronounced with no way to rectify - unless of course I add some height under the wheels.

0 Likes
AnnLouise
First Poster
Options

Just taking receipt of my RS68A884CSL and had the same problem with the doors.  Couldn’t lower the fridge door, as we realised it was lowered to its limit.  Therefore we very slightly lifted the weight off the front of the freezer side and turned the nut clockwise and this raised the freezer door enough to align both doors.  

0 Likes