Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS8000 American Fridge Freezer doors not level

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 02:01 PM)
pete-b
First Poster
Options

My new fridge freezer RS8000 arrived and doors are not aligned at the top.

Looking at the instructions, it seems I can only raise the right hand side door but to align the doors I need to drop the right hand side door or raise the left hand side door. 

Any idea how to do this?

22 REPLIES 22
Deemcg
Apprentice
Options

Have you resolved as we have the same issue ? 

0 Likes
Flip3seven
First Poster
Options

Hi, I’d also be interested in any responses to this question as I have the same issue too!

0 Likes
Members_sQDRScW
First Poster
Options

Any answer to this?  My right hand door needs lowering to level with the left hand door.  It looks terrible

0 Likes
ChrisOD
Apprentice
Options

Same here.  The instructions are terrible.  Apparently I'm supposed to loosen clamp nut A, which is fine, and turn the height nut on the right hand door, but the height nut is stuck solid.  Very frustrating.

Any help gratefully received.

0 Likes
marvelman
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to post here as I’m in exactly the same boat. Took delivery of my unit today and I’ve been struggling for ages trying to shift the height nut on the right hand door (fridge) to no avail, as I also need to lower it.

No adjustment nuts appear to be present on the left hand door (freezer), I had wondered if these were missing but it sounds like they’re not supplied by design.

Any Samsung experts available to weigh in?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@marvelman: The height of a door can be adjusted using the clamp nut and the height nut on the front
bottom of each door. Check out pages 33-34 of the user manual for further guidance. 

DA68-03725A-06_SEUK.pdf (samsung.com)

0 Likes
ChrisOD
Apprentice
Options

And therein lies the problem.  The height nut on the fridge door, at least on my fridge-freezer, is stuck solid and won't budge a millimetre.  Even using the supplied spanner, there's no way the thing will turn.

Interestingly I stumbled upon an animation showing how to set up this Samsung, showing how to level and adjust lots of bits and pieces.  However, it entirely missed out one bit of the entire process - adjusting the height of the door.

Has anybody actually adjusted the height nut?  What's the secret?  

0 Likes
AP672
First Poster
Options

Did /anyone/ get this problem resolved?   I can adjust the right hand door but not enough to make the doors level.

I've spent 2 hours on Samsung's chat service and have just been told that uneven doors is a feature of this model.

I'm gobsmacked.

0 Likes
marvelman
First Poster
Options

Nope, no luck here 😞

A “feature”… well that’s truly amazing. To what possible end is uneven doors a feature?!

This is my first Samsung American-style fridge freezer - is this a standard thing on all models or did I just get lucky?!

0 Likes