Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NV66M3571BS Oven changing temperature

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 08:26 PM)
DG95
Apprentice
Options

If I set the temperature to 230 for example, and countdown timer to 30 mins, intermittently the timer just stops, and the temp switches to 190. It also does it without the timer running. This is intermittent. The oven is 5 years old. I probably noticed the issue last year, but seems to be doing it more often now.
Anyone had anything like this?

Many thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @DG95 ,

is this happening with all the temperatures or only to a particular one?  Keep in mind that ovens cycle on and off while they are being used, causing temperature fluctuations. Does this goes back to this temperature or stays on 190?

0 Likes
DG95
Apprentice
Options

When it fails, it happens on any temp setting, eg 220, 225, 230 - always goes to 190 and stays on it - never goes back to the original temp.
When it works, the temp display shows the same temp all the way through.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I see, have you tried to recalibrate the temperature? Find how to do this on this guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049012/

0 Likes
DG95
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the replies.
I don't have a menu button on mine, and I don't know which buttons I would need to press. Nothing is mentioned in the manual.

0 Likes
Ant8er
First Poster
Options

I have a NV75N5671RS Dual Oven, purchased in 2019.  In a similar way to yours, mine drops to 170'c, from whatever temperature it's on, sometimes before it reaches the temperature I've set it at and sometimes after it reaches it. It always resets to 170'C.  It's a particular nuisance when I'm baking bread at 240'C, as it affects the rise and I get bread that looks like a flat cake.  I now have to set a timer for every 5 minutes to check that the temperature hasn't dropped. It's done it twice already today. 

It's been happening for the last six months or so. 

This isn't a calibration issue. It's a fault.  I guess I'd better report it, but I thought DG95 would like to know they're not the only one with this problem. 

If anyone else is experiencing this it would help if we could narrow down the circumstances in which it's happening. Today I've had the full oven on. I'll try to see if it happens in dual oven mode. 

0 Likes
DG95
Apprentice
Options

Thanks very much for the reply, it does sound like the same issue. I'm resigned to paying someone  to get it fixed. Don't suppose yours is still in warranty?
I did switch it off overnight at the fuse board the other day, as I can't remember the last time the oven has been powered down. So maybe a "turn it off and back on again" might fix it.
So far, used it twice - no issues. I'll keep monitoring it.

0 Likes
Ant8er
First Poster
Options

I switched mine off at the safety switch in the kitchen and left it off overnight, resetting the clock the next day. It's not made a difference. 

I'll check the guarantee tomorrow and will post again. I bought mine from Currys.

0 Likes
Ant8er
First Poster
Options

I can't see any warranty information from Currys, but the documentation that came with the oven says there's a 5-year manufacturer's guarantee. I won't know for sure until I report the fault.  I'm still trying to work out if there are any circumstances in which I can make it happen. Yesterday, I pressed the door while the oven was on and it immediately switched from 240 to 170. But I couldn't reproduce it. So I can't tell if it's random or not. It's happened when I've been in the room and also when I've not been in the room, so I think that it was just coincidence that it happened when I was touching it.  

I guess I need to sit and watch it to see if it happens after a certain time, or whether it happens more when using it as a full oven rather than a split one. Or maybe some random event in the house is interfering with the electrics? It's a mystery.

It would be annoying if an engineer came out and it doesn't happen when they're there. 

0 Likes
DG95
Apprentice
Options

I always use mine as a full oven, never used dual mode.
Sometimes I open the door during a cooking cycle and sometimes I just put the food in and switch it on and don't open the door until the end - I'm now wondering if the fault only happens if the door is opened during cooking.

0 Likes