Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many milliliters of detergent and softener Series 5+ WW90T534DAW Washing Machine Auto Dose

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 10:04 PM)
Massy-h
Student
Options

Dose anyone know how many milliliters of detergent and softener Dose per Wash and Dose per Rinse this washing machine uses on Low Med and High? Thanks 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

no, not to the milliliter but have had the WW90T534DAW since Feb 2022 and been on 'med' for both and they last ages before needing re-filling and the clothes come out just as clean as last washing machine which had to have soap detergent and fabric softener added manually. 

I am very impressed on how much we are saving on buying detergent liquid and fabric softener since we have had this make/model of washing machine.

Massy-h
Student
Options

Thanks, I was really curious to know as my missus thinking that it uses less softener as it should and not happy with the smell as it seems to her not enough. 

Another one is that, its a little bit of disappointing that this machine only support spin at 400, 800 and so on and not 600!! especially could be very useful on delicate cycle like many other washing machine such Bosch and Miele. Samsung if you are reading this, could you send a software update and support 600 spin on this machine please?  

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Have you tried different setting for the fabric softener? - set it to 'Max' and also 1x or 2x or 3x in the machines extra settings (think its a long press of the options button) 
You could also try a change of conditioner - we had Lenor spring awakening and found that so strong smell that we had to change it for some cheaper conditioner from LIDL instead. - Have you tried tossing some of  those 'scent booster' granules in with your wash as well if you like the strong smell? 
Other than that i think you can select 'rinse hold' on this washing machine, so do the washing but put it on rinse hold the drum will stop at the end of the wash with the clothes suspended in water - then when you get to it you can add the fabric softener (however much you want) in the manual compartment at the back of the autodose drawer and select 1 rinse and that should take down the manually added softener (plus autodose amount of softener if you have it enabled) then you will get a greater amount of softener on the last rinse and might make it smell better. 

Good Idea about the software updates - i am pretty sure they could do software updates downloaded to the smart things app and then sent to the washing machine - it has got a wifi card in it after all. 

But i think 400rpm would be good for delicates and its a pretty longish spin time so should extract enough water out of delicates at that spin speed.

0 Likes
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
This might help. Samsung claim that the detergent tank has a 950ml capacity - enough for 18 wash loads in medium water hardness settings and the medium setting for the dose per wash. For a 5kg load:

950 ÷ 18 = 52.78ml

It is fair to say that the machine uses around 53ml for medium water conditions and a medium dose per wash setting. Probably a bit high for the newer liquids detergents (eg Persil) if true since you only need 40ml of the new Persil liquids for a 6-8kg wash or hard water conditions.

For conditioner/softener (Samsung is Americanising British English since they've used 'softener' since 2015 lol),

530 ÷ 14 = 37.8ml

1x concentration and medium dose per wash setting. That is amazingly perfect.

I live in an area with very soft water, and I'm close (the machine is to be precise) to finishing the old Persil liquids (23% less concentrated than the new ones). I'll definitely stick to the low or medium dose per wash when I start using the newer ones. Never going to use the high setting tbh. Even a Hotpoint GentlePower or BSH group machine let's you choose the dosage in ml for a normal wash load.

My assumption is that if the machine uses 53ml in medium water hardness conditions, it will likely use around 45ml for soft water.
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

The machine weigh's every load at the very start every time. Does this not affect how much ml of detergent/softener as well so its never going to use the same amount on every wash is it?

0 Likes