Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding oven glass door

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 01:17 PM)
Nigel1
Student
Options

I see there a few posts on here relating to Samsung glass oven doors spontaneously exploding. It’s somewhat surprising and extremely disappointing that the only response from the company is that it is classed as “physical damage” and a chargeable repair not covered under warranty.

FB433D06-2C26-4F7D-AA9D-98466291A4E2.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

well in all fairness with toughened glass if it gets a scratch or scratches in it or a chip or crack it that's it really its weakened it forever , think of it like your car's windscreen and the manufacturer or the company you bought it from wont replace them free of charge either or be liable to any responsibility for injury caused

0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Go yo your trading standards if Samsung doesn't sort it out , could of injured someone then it would be a far more serious
0 Likes
JordanS
Options

Here at Samsung, we take matters like this very seriously. Please come and drop us a PM to @Sam_UK so we can investigate this further. 

0 Likes
adi55
Apprentice
Options
Jordan. My oven door has just exploded on Christmas eve. I have logged the fault and await the engineers to make contact. Samsung will be taken to court if they say its a chargeable repair
0 Likes
Tricia06
First Poster
Options

This exploding door issue has just happened to us, pre

IMG_20230115_191751.jpg

tty shocking really, was using the top oven and the bottom glass shattered. The oven is less than 6

0 Likes
Tricia06
First Poster
Options

Months old! 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Tricia06 ,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your oven and I hope that no one has been hurt. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you as we do take this matters seriously.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

Alternatively, please reach out to our Help Desk directly via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you.  

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes
JeffC1
First Poster
Options

My oven door exploded on Christmas eve as well, not only is it annoying that it breaks after a 5 years, but it is very expensive to get a replacement glass because it seems that a whole door needs to be purchased for nearly £200. I have never has this happen before on my Neff and Smeg ovens so do not think I have done anything wrong.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @JeffC1. I'm sorry that you've had cause for concern, and I'd like to reassure you that we take matters such as this very seriously. As per the previous post in the thread, please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and I or one of the other Moderators will be able to get this escalated for you.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes