Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecobubble Plug Fire

(Topic created on: 04-05-2024 09:23 AM)
AdenC
Journeyman
Options

IMG_20240504_074326.jpg

Hi the plug on my eco bubble blew up last night. I was in the garage and saw the flash and all the smoke. The washing machine turned off before it continued but it looks like the fuse on the socket is intact. 

I am pretty shocked to see this has happened to so so many other people on this site.

Is samsung going to do a recall? Or are they waiting for someone's house to burn down to acknowledge it? 

Our washer is outside of warranty but this is a health and safety manufacturer issue, what recourse do I have against Samsung?

We have a Ecobubble 7Kg WF70F5EDW4X/EU

Go to solution
22 REPLIES 22
AaronAJ
Options

@Members_2vgW3kD Please drop a DM via @Sam_UK and I will be happy to escalate this for you.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Lallyrs Please see my comment on your previous comment on another post.

0 Likes
Solution
AdenC
Journeyman
Options
For anyone interested Samsung bullied a resolution onto us:

I was away with work so we wanted to wait until I was home to see an engineer. My wife is on anxiety medication can be very stressed around strangers, especially in our house which I conveyed to their "support" team, I also wanted to  speak with an engineer in person myself.

Samsung refused to wait and sent around an engineer without an appointment. He effectively barged in on my wife and young children and made her stop a running wash load. I find Samsungs policy of banging on doors and demanding to see their products whenever they feel like it shocking behavior.

My wife's anxiety aside, I wanted to be here to show the engineer their faulty plug which I had replaced and set aside. Samsung's engineer could not find this faulty plug or extension lead that carried the plug. Without seeing either competent the engineer came to the resolution that the extension lead was the issue not the melted plug with an untouched fuse.

After their assessment they remain uninterested in their plug and in the fuse which did not blow and is still fully working after the plug was drawing too much current and fused with its socket.

Samsung signed my replacement of the plug off with a non Samsung part as the washing machine being repaired to specification, I have no idea how this is the correct policy. An approved engineer replacing the faulty plug and power cable with a Samsung part is the standard I would have expected from Samsung along with an apology about this clearly faulty series of washing machines.

Overall  @Sam_UK  were quick to respond but after that Samsung support wanted to ignore our concerns, sign off our ticket ASAP and were generally uninterested in what seems to be yet another faulty Ecobubble.
0 Likes