Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco Bubble seal detached from drum?

(Topic created on: 25-01-2020 06:13 PM)
AliceG16
First Poster
Options

Hi! Before I agree to have an engineer come out and end up having to pay out can someone confirm for me that the seal has detached from the drum of the washing machine. My partner and I can't agree.

Today I did a normal wash load, not particularly big as we are drying inside. When I opened the washing machine I noticed lots of small grey plastic bits around the seal, I thought maybe I'd put something through the wash but the more I looked I thought that the rough seam round the seal wasn't something normal? So I think that the seal has detached from the drum, my partner however thinks something has got stuck between the seal and drum (in a gap that's always been there he thinks) and rubbed it causing the little bits of plastic.

Who's right? And does it need an engineer to fix or not?

Thank you! 15799756408053242226829240346079.jpg

15799756654317194493281039831769.jpg

1579975727129994456374070426469.jpg

68 REPLIES 68
Iliev Web
Apprentice
Options

Ok now I am feeling so bad that I didn’t found that topic before I decided to purchase my Samsung Series 6 10.5kg with eco bubbles and whatever. I should decide Samsung series 6 or the lowest class of mile for same money it was (Black Friday ). And now I regret so much. 
machine was delivered on 04-12-22 and on the first day, first spin with clothes, smell of burning rubber, melt rubber all over my clothes and drum, and smoke coming from inside of the machine. Since then I am trying to do everything to contact Samsung and to fixed their faulty machine. Engineer came change the rubber sealing and install something so small that now there is  a massive gap between drum and sealing. 

And now the machine is so noisy and the vibration is so crazy enormous that I think the device will break the whole house, and you can hear it from outside. So I spent more than 8-9 hours on the phone and two days off of my work for that machine and still haven't resolved the issue...... 

Just do your research before purchasing. Now I know why there are not a lot of reviews of that machine on youtube etc. 

After the “ fix “

https://vimeo.com/782511907

535360EE-DC37-4D11-9CBC-B47EDE19BBBD.jpeg

0 Likes
IM35461
Apprentice
Options

My machine is just over a year old and has done 45 wash cycles and has this problem!

At first I thought I must have left something in a pocket resulting in all of my wash being covered in small bits of rubber.

However, when I went to put some washing in the drum it still had bits of rubber all over the place and then I noted the door seal was falling apart.

How after so long can they still be using materials that can't even last a year?

I note on the online repair wizard if you select a door seal leak it assumes it is the uses fault leaving keys in so it could be chargeable.

No option for "My door seal has gone rotten"

PXL_20230201_172207459.jpg

0 Likes
IM35461
Apprentice
Options

Finally got through the very poor online repair booking process and have got to wait till the 15th Feb for a repair visit! "Our Engineer will attend on 15/02/2023 to repair your Samsung Washing Machine." A 14 day wait with no washing machine!PXL_20230201_192055484.jpg

I don't think I will being buying any more Samsung products.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@IM35461 wrote:

Finally got through the very poor online repair booking process and have got to wait till the 15th Feb for a repair visit! "Our Engineer will attend on 15/02/2023 to repair your Samsung Washing Machine." A 14 day wait with no washing machine!PXL_20230201_192055484.jpg

I don't think I will being buying any more Samsung products.

well if that were me now I am beggered if i would wait 14 days , I would be on the internet putting my model number in on the internet then get the door gasket in a day or 2 delivered and fit it myself or get a handyperson to fit it. Its not difficult , and then get machine back and working. 

one place to try on the internet:
https://www.samsungspares.co.uk/laundry/washing-machine/seal/catalogue.pl?path=627424,627463&refine=...

Instructions on how to fit seal (some models might differ but will be similar): 

https://youtu.be/BfSLpDOC5VM

save your time and your blood pressure and think about changing it yourself 

the replacement seal might even be of better quality than the engineer that is coming out to fit , or even better made than the original one with the machine when it was new!

0 Likes
IM35461
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for the tips.

I have just been watching a video of someone changing the seal without taking the machine apart undoing the inner clamp with a 7mm socket on a angled handle.

https://youtu.be/eCVvUCKvHSE

Just as well I live by myself and can just about survive two weeks without a washing machine. My nearest laundromat is 7.8 miles away.

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@IM35461 wrote:

Many thanks for the tips.

I have just been watching a video of someone changing the seal without taking the machine apart undoing the inner clamp with a 7mm socket on a angled handle.

https://youtu.be/eCVvUCKvHSE

Just as well I live by myself and can just about survive two weeks without a washing machine. My nearest laundromat is 7.8 miles away.

well thats not too bad then I suppose. Be a different story if you had a family relying on washing machine

0 Likes
IM35461
Apprentice
Options

My two week wait is over and my machine has been fixed :smiling-face:

The new door seal fitted is of a new / different design with wings either side only going half way up the drum and then a larger gap (enough to get your finger in). The gap at the base and the drum is also larger. The old seal was the same design all the way around.

Alas, I did not get the part number of the new part and it has survived two washes this afternoon.

PXL_20230215_180818908.jpgPXL_20230215_180846469.jpgPXL_20230215_180926694.jpg

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

our machine WW90T534DAW has that type of seal fitted to ours with the 'wings' going up halfway at the sides like that and we bought it February last year . 

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@IM35461 wrote:

My two week wait is over and my machine has been fixed :smiling-face:

The new door seal fitted is of a new / different design with wings either side only going half way up the drum and then a larger gap (enough to get your finger in). The gap at the base and the drum is also larger. The old seal was the same design all the way around.

Alas, I did not get the part number of the new part and it has survived two washes this afternoon.

Did you get it replaced under warranty or did you have to pay for engineers visit, part and fitting ?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

you just have to watch the lip part now at the bottom of the door seal like this 

andy_in_ireland_0-1676490917952.jpeg

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/home-appliances/washer-seal-fault/m-p/4840142#M6620

0 Likes