Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco Bubble seal detached from drum?

(Topic created on: 25-01-2020 06:13 PM)
AliceG16
First Poster
Options

Hi! Before I agree to have an engineer come out and end up having to pay out can someone confirm for me that the seal has detached from the drum of the washing machine. My partner and I can't agree.

Today I did a normal wash load, not particularly big as we are drying inside. When I opened the washing machine I noticed lots of small grey plastic bits around the seal, I thought maybe I'd put something through the wash but the more I looked I thought that the rough seam round the seal wasn't something normal? So I think that the seal has detached from the drum, my partner however thinks something has got stuck between the seal and drum (in a gap that's always been there he thinks) and rubbed it causing the little bits of plastic.

Who's right? And does it need an engineer to fix or not?

Thank you! 15799756408053242226829240346079.jpg

15799756654317194493281039831769.jpg

1579975727129994456374070426469.jpg

68 REPLIES 68
Dorondj
First Poster
Options
Ok thanks i have done this
0 Likes
Frazzle1961
Student
Options

Hey… my seal disintegrated over the weekend. I bought one for £35 and was delivered next day via prime. I fitted the new door seal myself in an hour, using an online video for guidance. Saved myself £100 call out/labour! You only need a flathead and cross head screwdriver!

https://youtu.be/BfSLpDOC5VM 

Disapointed
Navigator
Options

The screwdriver was the only thing 'Fit For Purpose', in my experience. That people have to go to these measures is a disgrace to Samsung!  Imaging an elderly woman with arthiritis in her hands struggling to heat her home and having to fix a new machine.

I have assembled kit cars and an experimental air craft, but I would not repair my 'new' machine that had a seal like a worn out 15 year old machine, on principle.

If that is how you resolved it and it easier, well done. Best not to be in that situation again and avoid Samsung atall costs in thefuture,  in my opinion.

0 Likes
Muz MM
Student
Options

hi

Do you have the link for Amazon Prime 

0 Likes
Frazzle1961
Student
Options

Hi here’s the link for the new seal

SPARES2GO Rubber Door Seal Gasket Compatible with Samsung Washing Machines https://amzn.eu/d/2RHQ9Dl 

good luck

0 Likes
Leix2012
First Poster
Options

Ours has been making a horrible noise when spinning, now our seal has broken aswell.

20230714_184629.jpg

20230714_184701.jpg

0 Likes
Members_n6oBOeX
First Poster
Options

Experiencing the same issue last week, a few shirts in quick wash and the machine started to make a jack hammer type sound. Turned it off as soon as possible.

The drum and seal look detached/malformed. Looks like the drum has lost balance or is off centre.

First Samsung support said they'll fix it. Then no response. I called again to be told they will follow up with MINT LTD, their UK repair partner. Samsung then email telling me to contact MINT as details were missing. Called MINT, they told me Samsung told them its out of warranty and they would charge me. Barely been a year since purchase and a 5 year warranty.  Called Samsung support back and told me they made a mistake and confirmed I had 5 year warranty and to email them a picture. Today I received one cancellation notice from MINT  and Samung Support emailing me that physical damage or door seals are not covered. Zero diagnostic or troubleshooting performed. Absolutely being fobbed off as a customer. If 9Kg washing machine cannot handle 3 cotton shirts then clearly it is not fit for purpose. This is a design fault or manufacturing flaw/fault. Things go wrong, Support exists for such scenarios and have a responsibility.

Looking online, there are hundreds of identical complaints. Samsung time to up your responsibility to customers spending money with you.

Have requested an escalation.

0 Likes
jigglepoke
First Poster
Options
I have had exactly the same problem. Seal tore just after a month of purchase and the retailers' automatic return policy. Same story as the rest of you with Samsung. They've been absolutely terrible and tried to put the blame on us, which was quite impressive, seeing as we only had it about 35days.

Essentially, if Samsung is not interested in fulfilling its responsibility to the consumer, I will speak with my wallet and not buy any more of its products. I would encourage others to do the same.

0 Likes
woo1968
Student
Options
Having similar problem with seal engineer took one look at it says its not covered that something must of got stuck and said £150 i didnt bother ! I do agree this is a design fault last washer was 8 years old never had a problem yet must of got socks etc stuck and some point . Can i ask have you took this any futher as it is a design fault for sure there just to many same complaints
0 Likes