Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishwashers

(Topic created on: 23-10-2020 09:08 PM)
Disappointed2020
First Poster
Options

We purchased a dishwasher which has never dried properly since we bought it. We have had over 5 visits from different representatives. One said there was an intermittent fault and tried to order a part which Samsung stopped. Samsung rep came and did not talk to me and refused to give me a ticket unless i signed it saying all was ok. After contacting Samsung their response was I was SOL because there was no problem and they would not be talking to me about the problem anymore!!! All the people did was run diagnostics and when they did the inside of the washer was dripping wet but we did get an OC error code and told to turn water off and the circuit breaker. It sits in our kitchen not working still and I have no recourse. Seriously disappointed and to be honest after being effectively told I'm a liar do not feel I will buy any Samsung product again along with anyone I can tell. Do others have these problems?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @Disappointed2020. How long have you had your Dishwasher? Also, could we take the full model code please? This should be on a label on the inside of the door.

0 Likes
Disappointed2020
First Poster
Options

Model: DW80R5061UG/AA, Serial: B092G8DMB00172B. We purchased this last November with a 4 year extended warranty. The problem is it does not clean properly and leaves everything wet. There was one time when we spoke with a representative who changed something on the panel and it seemed to work for a week and then it went back to not drying. What blows my mind is someone on the end of the phone says there's nothing wrong when there is no error code (although we got a C0 code which he said was nothing) yet after the run the inside is wet. All we want is a working dishwasher, our money back or a replacement. We are washing and drying our dishes by hand and basically we have been drying them since we got it. We had no problem with our whirlpool that we had before this one. Come here and see a run for yourself.

0 Likes
Disappointed2020
First Poster
Options

There was no reply. The thing does not work and because 'the diagnostics' do not show anything apart from 0C Samsung say its not our problem. The dishes come out wet we have a 4 year extended warranty and its within the 1 year of buying it, one person that came said there was an intermittent fault yet ONE person in tech support sitting on a chair has screwed our lives up and Samsung as a company have left us out in the cold. You may get the idea I am pissed by this. We have not been able to use it since we bought it in the fashion it was bought for and Samsung does not care. COME HERE AND WATCH IT. If nothing is done we as a family for sure will never buy Samsung again and anyone we can tell about this ordeal.

0 Likes
GarryA
First Poster
Options

Had you checked the manual? There is troubleshooting section and on page #28 there is common problem "Does not dry dishes well". There could be 5 possible causes. If you lost user manual you still can find it here: https://www.dishwashermanual.com/samsung/dw80r5061ug/user-manual/ - there is also a list of available solutions here. troubleshootingtroubleshooting

0 Likes
Disappointed2020
First Poster
Options

I finally got Samsung after over a year to do something. They replaced the heater and low and behold it works now. What is so disappointing apart from the fact it took a year was the total apathy Samsung showed to our plight and basically relied on diagnostics and the error code was ok according to them. I will never buy another Samsung appliance ever again if this is how our family is treated. Thanks you all for the replies I received

0 Likes
oDaruma
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris, this is not a strange issue, I have the same problem in fact, my model is DW60M5050BB/EU, never dry up when washing completed, since the first day installed.

0 Likes