Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot register warranty

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 07:45 PM)
P1974
Student
Options

Dear Samsung,

I recently purchased a Samsung oven (NV75N5641RS). I have spent more time trying to register the product for warranty than I spent selecting and purchasing the item. The online customer experience did not align with the brand image of a multinational firm with annual sales in the billions of dollars.

The product packaging did not include a link to a webpage to register the product. The online video call to Samsung support to register the product broke down. Eventually, I managed to create a Samsung Members account on my mobile device. This brought me into a loop between pages to register a Samsung account, download Samsung mobile app (not in iStore??). At no time was I able to register my new oven from my phone.

I tried to google the relevant page from my laptop. After a few attempts, I happened across the Samsung account login in page. When logged in I believe I registered the oven. When I click on “My Products”, there was nothing listed. When in “My Account” I tried to select the ‘register product’ tab. This brought me to the shop.

I have purchased more than 20 appliances in the last 24 months to fit out new apartments. I have bought appliances from LG (washing machine), Miele (dryer, hoovers), Zanussi (washing machines, dryers), Whirlpool (dishwasher), and IKEA (cookers, hobs, fridge freezers). This was singularly the worst post-purchase customer experience of any of those major brands. This is a big gap in Samsung’s image that will cause me to purchase from other brands in the future.

Did I manage to register the product?

Regard

Paul Delaney

Go to solution
22 REPLIES 22
David hick
First Poster
Options

Totally agree with this.its totally irresponsible of them. They ‘Ve got no interest in customers only sakes

0 Likes
Gerald Murray
First Poster
Options

I just purchased a Fridge Freezer and find these pages really frustrating can anyone suggest a simple link to register warranty

Many thanks

Gerry

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Gerald Murray , Try this page: https://www.samsung.com/uk/mypage/#myd05-product-registration 

(You'll need to be signed in to your Samsung account. Once you're in, scroll down to 'Register your product', and then follow and select the relevant bits. 

If you have the Members app on your phone you can alternatively register your product using that. Guide for that here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/community-newsroom/how-to-register-a-product-in-samsung-members/... )

0 Likes