Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Appliances

Share your experiences of your cooking, washing, cleaning and heating appliances

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

P1974
Student
Options

Dear Samsung,

I recently purchased a Samsung oven (NV75N5641RS). I have spent more time trying to register the product for warranty than I spent selecting and purchasing the item. The online customer experience did not align with the brand image of a multinational firm with annual sales in the billions of dollars.

The product packaging did not include a link to a webpage to register the product. The online video call to Samsung support to register the product broke down. Eventually, I managed to create a Samsung Members account on my mobile device. This brought me into a loop between pages to register a Samsung account, download Samsung mobile app (not in iStore??). At no time was I able to register my new oven from my phone.

I tried to google the relevant page from my laptop. After a few attempts, I happened across the Samsung account login in page. When logged in I believe I registered the oven. When I click on “My Products”, there was nothing listed. When in “My Account” I tried to select the ‘register product’ tab. This brought me to the shop.

I have purchased more than 20 appliances in the last 24 months to fit out new apartments. I have bought appliances from LG (washing machine), Miele (dryer, hoovers), Zanussi (washing machines, dryers), Whirlpool (dishwasher), and IKEA (cookers, hobs, fridge freezers). This was singularly the worst post-purchase customer experience of any of those major brands. This is a big gap in Samsung’s image that will cause me to purchase from other brands in the future.

Did I manage to register the product?

Regard

Paul Delaney

Who Me Too'd this topic