Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register for 5 year warranty as model not on list

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 06:47 PM)
Beewing
First Poster
Options

I would like to register my new washer dryer (WD90J6A10AW) for the 5 year warranty as stated on the machine with a big impressive sticker, however when I try on do this after registration on the Samsung website, the model number does not appear on the drop down list (on the warranty register webpage) so I can't register.

One of the reasons I bought this was due to the long warranty - can anyone please help? Thank you 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you reached to support?
0 Likes
Beewing2
First Poster
Options
Yes tried online support but no category covers this
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried to register within members app? Support, register
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Beewing: Please can you confirm which country you are located in? I have checked the UK site, and the WD90J6A10AW is not listed as an eligible model for the extended 5 year warranty. For clarity, please take a look at the list of models in the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/fiveyearwarranty/

0 Likes
Beewing
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, I'm located in the UK and the machine was bought in the UK. The machine was in the store with a large 5 year warranty sticker on as well as a sticker that states 10 year warranty on the motor. As mentioned this was the reason we bought this more expensive machine as we'd had issues with cheaper machines in the past.

Do you need me to send you images of these? Thank you

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

@Beewing It does sound like the 5 year warranty advertised in the store was directly with them rather than Samsung, hence it's not one of the eligible models on the claim form. I double-checked on the product page on the Samsung UK website, and it does not mention that a 5 year warranty is provided on this model. Did you speak with the retailer to confirm what steps you've got to take to apply the 5 year warranty on your appliance? To help ensure you've provided the correct model number, can you please send a picture of the model number on the appliance? You can find this on the inside of the door. Before you send this, crop out the serial number, so you're not sharing this publicly. 

0 Likes
Beewing
First Poster
Options

20230111_183234.jpg

0 Likes
Beewing
First Poster
Options

20230111_183243.jpg

0 Likes
Beewing