Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Dose problem with softener ALWAYS

(Topic created on: 15-09-2022 08:09 PM)
Piotr Fara
First Poster
Options

Hi Samsung guys! 

Im writing here about my experience with autodose. 

Washing machine is truly great. Autodose as working also great but many many times softener is not working. I ve tried a lot of different one and nothing. 4 times service visit me but never Samsung share with me any "technical" data about this issue. 

My question is:

Maybe owners of those machines with autodose should make a petition to Samsung for repair it globally or find some solution maybe retrofit a new part or refund some part of washing machine even some small part to buy a new one. (New one got new tray but same valve)

With car companies it works also sometimes with other technical defect (Manufacture fault)

11 REPLIES 11
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

have you tried taking the soap dispensing drawer completely out (press down at blue catch at back of drawer and pull towards you) once a month and cleaning it all thoroughly to keep things running smoothly? 

clean all this gunk off carefully with an old toothbrush  and waterclean all this gunk off carefully with an old toothbrush and water

clean carefully with a toothbrush and clean waterclean carefully with a toothbrush and clean water

also you could try using soap detergent with built in softener (I think Bold is just one of them that does it)  and cut out the whole fabric softener system (disable the auto softener in the washing machines menu setup) 

I have often wondered as well , but have yet to try it, is you know when you get the message in the dash which says "Fabric Softener Low" how well it would perform if you filled up the fabric softener side of the auto dose drawer with just clean warm water and put it on a rinse wash so it could take in the nice clean water and clean out the pump inside the workings and keep everything running cleanly and smoothly because i would say the pumps get a bit clogged up with gloopy liquid after time and maybe thats why they give up working as they should ?

0 Likes
Veronika9
First Poster
Options
I have this problem too.Clothes do not smell of fabric softener. compartment is clean. How do I clean the self-dispensing mechanism?
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

https://www.manua.ls/samsung/ww90t534daw/manual?p=57 to take the drawer out and clean it - (the whole lid comes off/pulls off the drawer as well even though its not documented in that diagram) 

The pumps mechanism themselves are actually in the soap dispesener housing and you cannot get to them unless you dismantle / take the lid of the washing machine off, so you know what I would do to clean the pumps is (after cleaner the detergent drawer) to put warm (not boiling as it may disturb the shape of the plastic drawer) clean water - then (if you are just wanting to clean out the fabric softener pump) and select a couple of rinse washes (only select 1 rinse) and put the 'dose per rinse' to 'max' - do a couple of those rinses , the warm clean water should just get sucked up into the fabric softener pump and its channels and dissolve any fabric softener that has gone 'gloopy' or hard - then take out drawer and empty out warm water - then do the same for the detergent pump, fill that detergent compartment with warm clean water select a 9kg wash and put 'dose per wash' to 'max' and then start the cycle you will hear the pump pumping in the detergent (in this case it will be just clean warm water and rinsing the pump) you wont have to do the full wash, you are only rinsing the pump out of old detergent. Do a couple of wash cycles like that so it takes in clean water into the pumps and rinses them, do this with no clothes in the drum. 

then after you have done this rinsing out of the pumps with clean water , take out the whole detergent drawer and empty out the remaining warm clear water - dry the drawer as thoroughly as you can with a drying up cloth (tea-towel)  then put the drawer back into the machine. 

Fill up with your detergent and fabric softener. Try and use the runniest liquid detergent and fabric softener you can get (i am convinced the pump systems on these autodose machines hate the really thick consistency of detergent and softener, it just seems to clog them up) - maybe if the consistency of your favourite detergent and softener is really thick maybe you could try diluting it when its in the autodose drawer with a little bit of water (use de-mineralised water though , like you can get for irons and car batteries, because just in case the water out of your kitchen tap has limescale in it) 

I think if the pumps are cleaned once a month like this you should be keeping the pumps clean (of course if the issue is that if the rubber seal fails on these dispensing pumps there is not a lot you can do about that) 

0 Likes
Websters
Apprentice
Options

Agreed. It's a huge design flaw. 

0 Likes
Mchlsrrno
First Poster
Options

Same issue!!! And the replacement part is so pricey!!! we had it replaced 2 times now and it keeps on failing. if samsung wants to blame the softener then we tried a different one every time the parts were replaced. It's a faulty product and samsung should know about this. And whats funny is it doesnt have the function of just putting it manually yourself every load. no you have to pause the machine mid way to just add some softener to it!!! 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@Mchlsrrno wrote:

Same issue!!! And the replacement part is so pricey!!! we had it replaced 2 times now and it keeps on failing. if samsung wants to blame the softener then we tried a different one every time the parts were replaced. It's a faulty product and samsung should know about this. And whats funny is it doesnt have the function of just putting it manually yourself every load. no you have to pause the machine mid way to just add some softener to it!!! 

how about using washing liquid detergent with built in fabric softener?

will have had our WW90T534DAN 2 years next February and always used the cheap Lidl own brand Liquid detergent and fabric softener and the viscosity is that of nearly like water - very thin! 
i wouldnt trust these really thick detergents and fabric softeners in an autodose system personally . 

But yes, maybe they are using material in the gaskets that are getting destroyed by the chemicals in the softener and detergent rather than the actual design of the gasket - maybe they should have produced the gasket that would have withheld the chemical reaction of the softener and detergent 

0 Likes
Shane 10
Apprentice
Options

Hello Andy, sorry to hijack the other persons problem but you seem to be the main man around here. Have you ever come across a missing cover /washer/ clip from the dispenser valve?

PXL_20231213_124618394.jpg

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@Shane 10 wrote:

Hello Andy, sorry to hijack the other persons problem but you seem to be the main man around here. Have you ever come across a missing cover /washer/ clip from the dispenser valve?

PXL_20231213_124618394.jpg

Hello - no I have never come across that before sorry. Did it by any chance make its way to the pump filter at the bottom right of the machine ? - maybe you could retrieve it from there and put it back?

0 Likes
Shane 10
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying Andy. Ive interrogated everyone in the house and found out it was found on the floor and thrown in the bin. (Raging) I've posted s picture of the other one from the drawer. I wonder if Samsung are able to source another one rather than a bigger replacement.....

PXL_20231213_153035315.jpg

0 Likes