Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add fabric softener manually to auto dose machine

(Topic created on: 16-02-2023 02:35 PM)
DB103
First Poster
Options

We have just purchased WW10T684DLN/S1 washer, we want to add powdered detergent manually which we have left over from previous machine, how do we add fabric softener manually?

do we turn auto dispense off?

can we use liquid gel?

what is the best liquid detergent to use? 

Regards,

DB

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

yes turn off the 'dose per wash' in the menu to add powder detergent.

Put the powdered detergent in the middle compartment at the start of the wash. 

andy_in_ireland_0-1676560287487.png

Adding softener manually is not as easy, because there is no manual compartment or syphon chamber for you to put the softener in manually. so if you put softener in that middle manual compartment then it will just go into the drum at the start of the wash, and you dont want that. 

If you want to add fabric softener manually then you would more than likely be best to go into menu and select "dose per rinse" to 'off' then do your wash cycle fully and then at the end select rinse & spin cycle and choose 1 rinse . let the machine fill a little then put fabric softener liquid into the middle compartment then let it finish its rinse & spin cycle. 

You could always try them in drum pods with built in fabric softener and see how you get on wiith them if you dont want to use the auto dose system - just remember to turn off the dose per wash and dose per rinse settings of the machine. 

0 Likes
DB103
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the  prompt detailed reply.

I was on live chat to Samsung yesterday for 56 minutes - they advised to pause the cycle and then add fabric softener???

I have seen this question about adding softener manually on auto dose machines raised many times but no one has been able to provide a  sensible reply apart from you.

Are you able to kindly advise on below please:

can we use liquid gel?

what is the best liquid detergent to use? 

Many thanks. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

pausing the cycle and adding it to the end of the cycle before last rinse means you would have to hang around each time you do a wash to pause it at the correct time which would be a nuisance. , I still stand by my idea which is to let it run a full cycle then whenever you do go back to machine then select rinse & spin cycle with 1 rinse let it fill a bit and then add one or 2 capfuls of fabric conditioner to the manual compartment (you could press the start pause button if you wanted to but its not really needed, you will just get chimes and a message that detergent drawer is open, but that will stop when you close it again) 

I personally would not use Gel , and especially not gel in the autodose compartment, it might clog up the auto dose mechanism and perish the rubber seals in the autodose pump system over time, - if you must use gel detergent then put it in the middle manual dose compartment in that way. 

I would use the runniest detergent and fabric softener you can get and put that in the autodose compartments instead

and choose detergent without bleach as well (look at the back label it should say if bleach is included) , a lot of times manufacturers put bleach in their liquid   detergent and powder to get whites white and remove stains , but this can not only bleach and fade coloured garments but also bleach can perish rubber as well over time so could perish the seals in the autodose pump mechanism in the soap detergent drawer / housing.
good luck 

0 Likes
DB103
First Poster
Options

thank you once again for the reply.

yesterday i purchased below, just hope it is ok

Bold 2 In1 Lavender & Chamomile Washing Liquid 57 Wash

0 Likes
wileyc
Apprentice
Options

Can you, say, use manual compartment for detergent and auto dosing for conditioner or is it all or nothing on using both detergent and conditioner for auto dosing?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@wileyc wrote:

Can you, say, use manual compartment for detergent and auto dosing for conditioner or is it all or nothing on using both detergent and conditioner for auto dosing?

you can indeed - just remember to turn off the 'DOSE PER WASH' to "OFF" in the menu before the wash (you might not have to do it on every wash, the machine has a learning thing, AI wash i think they call it) - but consequently if you want to start using the detergent autodose compartment again you have to re-enable it again