Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 minute Quick Wash at 40'c - who are Samsung kidding?

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 09:48 PM)
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

15 minutes quick was on a 40'c Quick Wash? - really? ... so we are to believe the temperature of the water in the drum (with cold fill only) will get to 40'c - then wash for a period at 40'c , then rinse ... then Spin ... all in the space of 15minutes or thereabouts ??? 
Have Samsung re-invented physics or something? 

I am going to get one of those fancy digital temperature meters one of these days and point it to the glass bowl of the door , put it on a 40'c 15minute quick wash then see what temp it 'actually' does get to ... I am predicting no-where near 40c but we shall see. 

3 REPLIES 3
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
My WW11BB944DGHS1 barely managed to reach 40⁰C on the Colours programme yesterday. I can't imagine a 40⁰C wash in less than 20 minutes tbh. I'm sure there is a way to see the live temperature since it was possible on my old machine (WD806U4SAGD) but not sure how to find it out on the AI control machines.
SackCbuggah
First Poster
Options

Is your water not over 40c from the wall? My water heater is set to 110f which I'm sure is over 40c.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@SackCbuggah wrote:

Is your water not over 40c from the wall? My water heater is set to 110f which I'm sure is over 40c.

its a cold fill only machine (which all machines have been cold fill only for over the last 10 years or so now) so no the cold water temperature entering the machine is more like around 8c ... (especially in the winter) its got to get to 40'c by the washing machine's internal electrical heating element at the bottom of the drum .... in 15minutes (of which that is not even 15 minutes of washing, thats 15 mins wash / drain / cycle / spin) so no way it ever gets to a temp of 40'c in such a short time!

0 Likes