Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Service and Defective SAMSUNG RF56J9041SR Refrigerator

(Topic created on: 18-03-2024 02:01 PM)
Members_JfkZ0a7
Student
Options

Dear Samsung Sirs,

Headquarters, Customer Care, Product quality, Voice of Customer, Support and to all

to whom it may concern,

I didn'find any other way to contact you except this, as there are not accessible any of your relevant contacts.

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the recent service in Slovakia regarding my malfunctioning refrigerator, model SAMSUNG RF56J9041SR, SN: 07GL43BM100003B. This is a high-end product that is less than 5 years old and was supposed to be the pinnacle of Samsung's refrigerator technology. Unfortunately, the experience has been nothing short of abysmal.

A Week of Waiting and a 5-Minute "Diagnosis"

It took a week for a technician to even arrive after I reported the problem. Upon arrival, the technician spent a mere 5 minutes before declaring the refrigerator unrepairable. The claimed issue? Missing coolant, possibly due to a leak.

Highlighting Potential Solutions Ignored

Even more concerning, the technician made no attempt to locate the source of the coolant leak. He simply claimed they lack the equipment to diagnose leaks in critical areas and dismissed the possibility of repair altogether.

Here's where my frustration truly escalates. Apparently, Samsung technicians lack the equipment to diagnose leaks in crucial areas like the copper pipes, or compressor connections. So, a potentially fixable problem becomes a write-off, forcing me to discard a repairable appliance and buy a new one.

40EUR for 5 Minutes of Frustration

To top it all off, I was expected to pay 40EUR for this "diagnosis" that essentially confirmed what I already knew – my expensive refrigerator wasn't cooling. I refused to pay for the confirmation of a pre-existing problem. 

Broken Trust

This entire ordeal has resulted in a significant loss of food due to the malfunction and a complete breakdown of trust in Samsung products and service. The 10-year warranty on the compressor, which supposedly forms the heart of the cooling circuit, seems meaningless if a leak renders the entire unit unrepairable.

Disappointed Customer and Lost Recommendations

As a loyal Samsung customer who has consistently recommended your brand, I feel deeply misled. My experience with this flagship refrigerator stands in stark contrast to the longevity and reliability I've witnessed with other brands, often at a fraction of the cost.

My Demands

I demand a full repair for the appliance or refund for a faulty product and clear explanation for why a supposedly high-quality product cannot be repaired due to a seemingly common issue. I clearly repeat that thechnician did not give a try to loacte the leakage and has not a basic equipment for such a basic check up.

I urge you to investigate this situation thoroughly and implement changes to ensure your product are high quality as presented and technicians are properly equipped and trained to handle such repairs. Disposing of 5 years old refrigerator due to repairable leaks is not only wasteful, expensive, but also environmentally irresponsible.

I look forward to a prompt and satisfactory resolution.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately this is a customer to customer forum.
You would need to contact the Samsung customer support in your region.
It's possible if there is a Moderator that could have contact details. But you'd normally need to go through the customer support
Might be worth getting a second opinion.
I know leaks on refrigeration equipment can be quite difficult to find. Especially if it's a very slight leak
But from the experience I have had, household appliances are quite quick to be replaced by newer models and older ones, parts end up being out of stock.
Similar thing with the gas boilers I work on
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_JfkZ0a7  

The support site for Slovakia is here https://www.samsung.com/sk/support/contact/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_JfkZ0a7
Student
Options

Hi,

thank you for you reply. Unfortunatelly, this is what I've got from Slovakia support site.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right,thanks for confirming. Realise somewhat frustrating.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes