Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFLIP5 Black Screen

(Topic created on: 05-03-2024 04:38 PM)
Members_NeQnpSv
Student
Options

My ZFLIP5 developed the black screen of death after a recent software update. Sent it off for a warranty repair. Repair centre replied that screen was damaged and demanded £314. Errr no, it wasn't damaged.  Samsung informed me via email that they would not repair the phone, citing "impact damage on the screen" that they claim to be aged puncture marks after I sent them the statutory 14 day letter to start legal proceedings. I had taken photographs of the phone prior to it being collected (same day). I highly advise everyone to do the same. Samsung replied that photographs weren't great and there's no date/time on the. A tech. company doesn't know that if you right click mouse on photograph it gives you the meta-data i.e. date/time, location, what device took it, aperture etc. etc. Samsung, do you know what happened int he Amber Heard case with Johnny Depp.  Long story short, I've issued legal proceedings against them for the total cost of the phone. No repairs and no phone. Honestly, if you don't get a satisfactory response from Samsung, don't bother...you are better off taking the matter to court and the press. Watch this space.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
shazzac
First Poster
Options
I am having the same problem bottom half is black and flickering, I have just contacted to arrange for it to be repaired but thanks to you I will be taking photo's of my device before it is picked up. I will be well peeved if they tell me £314 for repair...
0 Likes