Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4 Screen Broke Warranty Refused

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
BlackMac
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

Bought phone last September, two weeks ago, when opening the phone, the inner screen cracked by itself with a large black line in the middle.

I dropped it off at the place of purchase (authorized shop in Bosnia and Herzegovina) (during purchase, the salesman insured me that this sort of thing would be covered).
Today I got a notification from the service that the claim was rejected by Samsung and that I was out of luck.

This sort of service is unacceptable, especially since I can see that other people who've had similar problems in other countries got their phones repaired.

I reached out to Samsung Bosnia and Herzegovina but they gave me a copy paste "we're so sad for you, go kick rocks" message.

Anything I can do?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
What was the reason for rejecting the warranty claim? Did they find other damage on the phone?
0 Likes
BlackMac
First Poster
Options

The only clarification they provided is "mechanical damage". I had the phone in the OEM case since day 0. It did have a BARELY visible scratch on the frame but it was never dropped or anything like that. The screen was in new condition up until it broke and I think they even took a picture of just the screen being dirty as "proof".

0 Likes
browny1989
First Poster
Options
Why does my Bluetooth keep turning itself on and off
0 Likes
browny1989
First Poster
Options
Anyone no
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BlackMac 

The authorised Samsung Repair Engineer must have determined that the damage is not accidental thus not covered under the warranty. 

You could ask Samsung to take a second look at the phone ,and or use any alternative cover such as Home Contents Insurance and or some banks provide cover as a perk of the account  { my advice cones from being resident in the UK  }

You should have been advised of the report when they assessed the phone to explain why this isn't covered under the warranty,  and if relevant offered a Repair for a fee. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BlackMac 

I do appreciate your explanation in regards to how you've looked after the phone , however unfortunately if Samsung deem that the issue is not covered under the Manufacturer's Warranty then they typically stay with their decision. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes