Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Z Fold 3 - The Bane of My Existence

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Wanjiru
First Poster
Options

I got my Z Fold as a gift 1.5 years ago.

The fold screen one day got a sudden black line in at center. Unfortunately, it was past its warranty time. I bit the bullet and paid for its replacement at a Samsung Centre.

Now 6 months later the same black line on the fold has appeared after the screen started getting hot and a blue line across the right side of the fold screen - this while I am away on a work trip. I have been forced to buy another phone (different brand) to stay in touch with family and clients.

I was against getting a fold or flip phone because my gut told me the folds and flips would bring serious problems and heartache. But the gifter insisted.

Never again will I own a fold or flip phone no matter how beautiful the pictures it takes are or how convenient the fold screen is for reading and watching Netflix while travelling. Not worth the tears. My phone is headed for the bin. Would rather buy a cheaper phone that will not go crazy on me at random and invest in a camera for good pics.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to learn of your personal experiences with your Samsung Fold 😔  @Wanjiru 

I purchased the Samsung Fold³ on launch date and really enjoyed what the phone brought. 

The inner factory fitted screen protector delaminated,  which I carefully removed and continued to use the phone without one { my choice }

I ended up trading the Fold in against the purchase of my Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra. 

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
anynickname
Journeyman
Options
Same thing with mine. EE wanted to charge me £420 to repair it, it was only 5 months old and hadn't been mishandled or damaged.

I'm so angry, I'm stuck in my contract until June 2025 and having to use an old handset from 2017!!
If anyone has any contact details for me to escalate this matter I'd be very grateful!
0 Likes