Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung prefers new customers over existing

(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 03:15 PM)
marly75
Explorer
Options
Just upgraded from a s22 ultra to a zfold 4. The zfold 4 is supposed to come with 12 months Disney plus. But because I got that with the s22 ultra I can't get it with the z fold 4. It really feels like samsung is ripping me off. What has 1 purchase got to do with the other. Unless its the more loyal to a brand you are the less they need to reward you. I think its time to give vivo or xiaomi a try at least they come with chargers and cases as standard. Not a happy bunny at the moment 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Quite often the restrictions are with the provider of the service.
In this instance Disney or the provider of the Disney service.
You will see all sorts of restrictions in the small print that is although boring, advisable to read.
Like with O2. They have a 3 Month Apple Music promotion, but if you have had a free promotion service before, then you only get 2 months.
YouTube Premium has similar restrictions as well.
A lot of it will be in the small print unfortunately
0 Likes
marly75
Explorer
Options
Maybe. But don't advertise it to help sell a product, that's called false advertising, it's the last time samsung will catch me with that one. They won't get another penny out of me. It's done me a favour as I upgrade more than I need to.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well the get out is the small print that they put everything in
I get caught out at times as well
Annoying when you are looking forward to that promotion
marly75
Explorer
Options
It's more than annoying, I didn't expect it to run consecutive as I chose to upgrade, but to lose it completely is wrong. Especially when I could of ended the 1st one and claimed the 2nd one on a different samsung account and it would be OK. But we live and we learn
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm in the exact situation as yourself, it's happened to me numerous times over the years not just with Samsung but Spotify, YouTube Music, YouTube Premium, Apple TV, Apple Music. I tend to ignore all free offers of codes for services such as these. But your correct you live and learn.
0 Likes
marly75
Explorer
Options
I always look at what extras you get, I used to buy refueb units to save a bit of dough. I don't think I will pre order another samsung phone. At least in the USA they get a free storage upgrade. Here in the UK you have to wait a month to get the note starter pack, which includes things that should come with a £1650 phone I.e a charger.
0 Likes