Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 watchapp notification issue

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 06:50 PM)
eitan99
First Poster
Options

With my new Z Fold 4, most of whatsapp notification (most but not all), are not notified in time, and pop up only after I open the app. Have any of you experienced a similar issue? I've tried all the usuall suspects - update software, re-install app, setting reset - but to no avail. Any idea?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@eitan99: Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Notifications > Show notifications (toggle this on) > Allow sound and vibration (On) > In-app notification settings > Messages > Use hight priority notifications (On) > Groups > Use high priority notifications (On). 

Tap the Back button > Notification categories, and run through the categories, making sure to set 'Alert' and 'Show as pop-up' along with your notification preferences. Let me know if this helps. 

eitan99
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL Thank you. However, all was already set as you suggested. I've made some tests. It looks like it work right when the phone is open (though I'm not sure it is 100% of the times), or soon (60seconds? ) after I closed it. But after a while the phone stops notify immediatly, only after I re-open it (and I think sometimes does not notify until I actually open the whatsapp app).

Please note - as suggested in some sites I closed all watchWeb connections, battery mode is not power saver, regular sms notifications works OK

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@eitan99: If you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits, is WhatsApp currently listed in the Sleeping or Deep Sleeping Apps categories? 

eitan99
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL No, WhatsApp is not listed there. I've even tried to put it in the Never Sleeping list - but to no avail. 

0 Likes
Arj007
First Poster
Options
A similar issue with my fold 4. I don't get notifications when I get a WhatsApp message. So strange. All other apps work with notifications. Any solution on this
0 Likes
eitan99
First Poster
Options

@Arj007 I really do not know how, but in my case the problem was not consistent, and in the last few days it might have been disapered.  I recommend checking the settings as @AndrewL suggsted ... and please share if you found a stable solution.

0 Likes
Z fold 4
First Poster
Options

Even I am also facing the same issue, yet to find the solution, all the notifications are on, still its not working for chats, for whatsapp group it's working fine 

0 Likes
ShogunNote
First Poster
Options

I have now reloaded whatsapp 3x and all.my settings are correct. Still no whatsapp notifications. This started yesterday. HELP !!!!!!! I even loaded it without restoring.

0 Likes
Z fold 4
First Poster
Options

I was also facing the same issue, actually you may be using beta version, so better leave the beta program and install it, it will work 

0 Likes