Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 4 screen broken

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 06:03 PM)
AK
Explorer
Options

Hi, my z fold 4 inner screen cracked last night, just 6 weeks after having the phone.

I heard a Crack sound while folding the phone and found out that black line along the hinge line.

Have any one experienced such a thing? 

Is it covered under basic warranty ? 

Thanks 

102 REPLIES 102
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @AK  ,

that is unfortunate! Would you be able to share a photo of the phone screen here?

Your phone will be covered under warranty for 24-months from the purchase date as long as its not found any accidental damage, liquid ingress or signs of rooting. 

robd1
Voyager
Options
I've been dreading this since I took the plunge in September last year for the Z Fold 4. I became reluctant to open the phone as it just didn't feel safe/secure/reliable every time I opened it. It became so difficult that I just about stopped using the inner screen.
Thus, I decided at the last moment yesterday to bite the bullet and take the hit and part ex it for the new S23 Ultra. I was lucky to get an additional discount code which made the cost bearable.
Already I'm beginning to feel I've made the right move and it's not being delivered until tomorrow.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes sadly after issues with my fold3, jumped to the fold4, sadly allot of time is spent worrying if this happens.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
AK
Explorer
Options

IMG-20230217-WA0009.jpg

0 Likes
AK
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
Pa5cal
First Poster
Options
How much did you have to add for the trade in for the S23 Ultra? I'm strongly considering that because I woke up this morning and my S Pen no longer works on my inner screen.
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @Pa5cal, I had the full trade in allowance on the last day of Pre Registration and the double 512mb option at 256mb price. Also, I had a discount code from a previous device (non phone). I don't know what the current trade in offers are. You can go on the Samsung site and work through the options, including payment choices. Just cancel it before you enter any personal details.
0 Likes
lexibaby89
First Poster
Options

Yes, I sure have. I first owned the z fold 2 with no such issues, then got the z fold 3 when it was released also with zero issues and then I upgraded to the z fold 4. This is now my second one and both the last one AND this one did the EXACT same thing...I was opening the phone and heard a crack BOTH times and now there is the black line down the center and the inside screen is completely unusable! Also, both times it happened within the first month of owning the phone! It's such a shame because I REALLY love the phone but insurance will only cover so many replacements and I'm afraid it will just keep happening so I'm going to get the S23 Ultra instead. To answer your question regarding the Samsung warranty, yes they will cover it as long as there is no signs of accidental or water damage caused by you, however, when I called Samsung to find out how the warranty works I was told I would have to send them my phone (they said expect approx 4-5 days for them to receive it), then they will look over the phone to determine whether it was a manufacturer defect or not (they said expect UP TO 2 WEEKS FOR THIS), then if they decide its a manufacturer defect they will send a replacement (will take another approx 4-5 days to get it in the mail)! So in total it may take almost an ENTIRE MONTH that you will be without your phone! So unless youre lucky enough to have another phone you can use that works with your service provider, expect to have no phone for that long! I was shocked when they told me that is the ONLY way they can process warranty claims at this time. I don't understand how they don't have a better system than that, it's insane. I use my phone for work etc. and most definitely cannot afford to be without a phone for that long so the first time the crack happened I just used my Best Buy Total Tech insurance to replace it instead (I swear Samsung does their warranty exchanges that way knowing good and well that most people cannot afford to be without their phone for that long and they hope that you'll get it replaced another way, just my opinion but it's very difficult for me to believe there's not a better and faster way of doing the exchange.) Anyways, I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this extremely frustrating issue and I hope if you haven't already gotten it taken care of that this helps! Best of luck!

0 Likes
AK
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your support, actually I took it to the  authorized service  center and they said it is a Crack and not covered under warranty as per Samsung policy, I reached Samsung KSA and they replied the same, am trying to figure out my next step now 

0 Likes