Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next major update

(Topic created on: 14-02-2023 01:33 AM)
Masser
Voyager
Options
What will the next major update be foe the z fold3 in the UK?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Masser 

The latest update for the Fold3, F926BXXU3EWB1, with One UI 5.1 and the February security patch has already started rolling out and should be available on the stock European model with CSC code EUX within a matter of hours or a day or two. Carrier branded UK devices may take a little longer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I received the new update for my model of phone yesterday. 

I haven't checked on my Fold3 yet.

The update is sent out in waves which is typically region based,  model specific and build and serial number.

If a phone has been supplied by a network then these can sometimes have their own update schedule as some networks test new software first to ensure nothing within can potentially clash with their network features or apps etc.

You could also try Samsung Smartswitch as well as the software update section in the phone to check for updates,

You can also turn on auto update over wifi in the phone's settings. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎  

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Masser
Voyager
Options
Many thanks for the helpful info I'll be patient now i know it's coming my way
Masser
Voyager
Options
This is great news and you've been very helpful I thank you for this
0 Likes
Masser
Voyager
Options
Thanks to all you replied to my post. I'm in o2 contract. Today 19th Feb I checked for an upgrade or patch and still nothing. My wife is on o2 contract with s22 ultra plus and got the upgrade last week.
I will have to be a bit more patient. I hope there are no issues when my ohone finally gets the upgrade as I've read some users on other models are having issues.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sounds as though you may have a carrier branded Fold3 phone and firmware.

Check your phone's CSC code by going to...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version (see screenshot of a Fold4)

qT6q7VT.jpg

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Masser
Voyager
Options
Will do thsnk u ill post back soon
0 Likes
Masser
Voyager
Options
This is it 1676725603404_1676725603393_0.jpg
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Your screenshot shows that you are on carrier branded firmware, O2U, for the U.K. carrier, O2. This means that unlike the stock Samsung firmware, this has to be adapted for your carrier and certified by them before release. This process can typically take anything up to 3 weeks. 

The Samsung roll-out of their latest release for the Fold3 has on stock firmware has so far reached India, Argentina, Panama and Thailand with their F926BXXU3EWB1 release.