Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 5

(Topic created on: 08-08-2023 06:29 PM)
Ingram90
Apprentice
Options

I got my Z flip 5 on Friday and I love nearly everything about it, one MAJOR issue I have is when I'm at work I can't connect to the wifi. The Flip 3 was fine, but now I have to go right up to the router to connect and it won't stay connected as I go around the building. No one else at work has issues and the router has not moved since I had my flip 3. So I guess my question is why did they use a worse wifi chip? and can I exchange my flip 5 when they decide to fix this? (contract phone)

I just want this here so it's in "writing" somewhere, I want this to count as me wanting to return the phone within 14 days, unless they can fix it

7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you tried to go into the setting for the wifi
Forget network, and then sign back into it
If you transfered the date from the old phone. It may have got corrupted

Also are you using a case on the phone. Have you tried removing the case and seeing if the signal improves
Some cases can affect the cellular and WiFi connections
Ingram90
Apprentice
Options

Tried both those options already 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Sometimes using Smartswitch can give issues transffering data

Maybe try wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone

Wiping the Partition Cashe
Follow the steps below. You must follow every step and you should be done in about a minute

Turn off your phone.

Connect your phone with a USB cable
to PC or another Samsung mobile

You will see the charging icon on your screen.
Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage.

Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously.
You can press the volume up button just before the Side key.
The Samsung Logo followed by
Samsung Galaxy appears on the
screen.

At this point, release the keys
Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode

In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose "Wipe Cache
Partition" .

Then press Side Key to Confirm by selecting "Yes" and then press Side Key
Ingram90
Apprentice
Options

I will try this but won't know if it's worked until tomorrow. I welcome any other suggestions as well because I don't want another phone, I like this phone

0 Likes
Ingram90
Apprentice
Options

I have tried a few times and it won't boot in recovery mode, it starts as normal but says:

[PDP]

back up : fail

setup wizard: FINISHED

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ingram90  some other ideas here if  still issues after following previous advice.  Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again - Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through all the connection steps.

Thereafter go to Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog next to your router on my device - View More ,select the MAC Address Type and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, I would suggest pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, the reason being that this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be causing problems. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Ingram90
Apprentice
Options

So far none of these suggestions have worked, if anyone else has an idea please let me know

0 Likes