Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do: Thinking about buying the Fold3 or Flip3

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 05:28 PM)
bluace
Voyager
Options

hi all need some advice I really am not sure what to do I have  a iPhone 12 and it is great does the  job perfect but I have just noticed the flip 3 I have to say I like the look of it .

I moved from Android couple of yrs ago I do t mind iOS or Android am not one to choose sides what’s making me like it more is the fact samsung trade in will take £550 for my 12 that leaves £400 for the new flip 3 I have to say which is a very good deal ,, what do you guys think of the idea ? 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @bluace  I you are attracted and interested in the Z Flip 3 and have read up on it, would be a good deal with your iphone 12  as long as in good condition.  Another advantage at the moment  is a free 12 months of Samsung Care Plus.   

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

bluace
Voyager
Options

It is I just don’t no to wait and see when ppl get the phone if they have any problems as I have never had one of the samsung flips or folds or do I wait for the apple event next month to much to decide on lol 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@bluace  Whilst there were problems with previous versions it has documented that a lot of issues fixed, though with new devices no guarantees. https://www.t3.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-3-5g-review 

I have not owned foldables/flips myself but have experience of S series, I have had Apple devices  but not used an iphone for a while.  My personal view though is that the S21 Ultra camera is certainly  seems superior and the likely  Battery life of the Flip could be  be more impressive .  However the Ultra is more expensive and it depends on requirements.    The flip can take advantage of Flex mode ,apps will automatically adjust to fit folded screen.  "When using the Camera app, the lens view will switch to the top half of the screen, and the icons will shift to the bottom half"  see more here https://www.samsung.com/Flex Mode   It may be more eye catching in terms of design and adaptability.  

You may wish to view some comparisons here https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-z-flip-3-vs-iphone-12-pro-max/   https://uk.pcmag.com/mobile-phones/135031/galaxy-s21-ultra-galaxy-z-flip-3-or-galaxy-z-fold-3-which-... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd suggest to visit your most local Samsung Experience Store or Network Store and have hands on with the phone before pulling the trigger to ensure your happy with it @bluace 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

bluace
Voyager
Options

Yes I think u are right I will nip in tomo and have a look at it and will see thank you I appreciate it 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @bluace 

There's also some very good unboxing videos on YouTube now.

Look for the one from Flossy Carter.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
bluace
Voyager
Options

Yes that’s who I am waiting for he done one but not in depth just unboxing which was still great. 
yes I will keep you informed how I get on today thanks again 

bluace
Voyager
Options

I will watch this now thank you so much for the info it’s a massive help for my decision :smiling-face:

bluace
Voyager
Options

Just an update I did go and have a look at the flip 3 it is very light looked great my only concern is that you obviously do feel the crease of the fold and what bothers me is that no screen protector that worries me so much as all my phones I have had one and good job I did. I am very glad I did go and have a look and I think I have made up my mind cheers so much