Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty

(Topic created on: 27-07-2023 12:13 PM)
Members_Z3rD3fp
First Poster
Options

Had a black screen fault on my flip 4   11 months  old had it sent back for repair to find because there was a small crack on one of the camera lenses that happened the first week I had the phone but still took perfect photos the whole warranty is void and have to pay the full repair for the black screen fault £358.00 . Thanks Samsung worst warranty ever come across Lessons learnt will not be using them again. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Members_Z3rD3fp: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment surrounding the outcome of your recent inspection. Please be aware that our engineers must address any faults that they identify during the inspection to ensure that they are not a contributing factor, and to return the phone to its warranty specifications. In this instance, as physical damage was found on the camera lens which is not covered by our warranty, a charge would be applicable to cover the cost of the repair. I appreciate that this was not what you were hoping for, however it is a necessary part of the repair process. 

0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
People are finally learning lessons, avoid samsung! Most scheming company I've come across
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - I have seen quite a few similar posts regarding one part of the phone requiring repair but the owner being charged because of cosmetic damage or scratches etc. I cannot understand why if a phone is sent in for a screen repair it " is a necessary part of the repair process " to as in this example change out the camera lens at a cost when the owner has not requested any repair to that or in previous examples for cosmetic damage to be repaired. If I put my car in for a warranty repair on the brake hydraulic pump I don't expect to be forced to pay them to refurbish the wheels because they're scratched !
0 Likes
tim1001
Apprentice
Options
It's clearly a manufacturing fault with the fold screen as with my phone and Samsung are expecting loyal customers to pay for it