Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty period for Fold 4

(Topic created on: 03-11-2023 08:10 PM)
Fistandantilus1904
First Poster
Options
Hello. I am looking to buy a second hand galaxy fold 4 5g off someone privately. I asked them to check the warranty on the samsung website by using the IMEI number. They came back and said, surprisingly, that the warranty expired in August 2023. I always thought that samsung have 24 months warranty for mobile phones. Could you confirm the samsung warranty duration for the fold 4 please? If it is 24 months, is there anything that could cause the warranty to be shortened to 12 months? Thank you.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Fistandantilus1904: Our Certified Renewed range has a 12 month warranty, however the Galaxy Fold4 is not a part of it, so I'm not sure why the warranty period for this device has expired. Are you certain that it is a Z Fold4 that you're looking at? What I'd suggest is heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred contact method. If you have the model number, serial number and IMEI number to hand, then an advisor will be able to check the remaining warranty period for you. 

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Fistandantilus1904: Our Certified Renewed range has a 12 month warranty, however the Galaxy Fold4 is not a part of it, so I'm not sure why the warranty period for this device has expired. Are you certain that it is a Z Fold4 that you're looking at? What I'd suggest is heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred contact method. If you have the model number, serial number and IMEI number to hand, then an advisor will be able to check the remaining warranty period for you. 

Fistandantilus1904
First Poster
Options
OK thank you. It's definitely a z fold 4 yes, but I don't have the IMEI number unfortunately, as the seller hasn't divulged it. It is an SM-F936B. I will pass on your advice to the seller and ask them to check again. Thanks for the clarification though.
0 Likes