Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 3 (Again)

(Topic created on: 03-11-2023 02:46 PM)
Members_5rOLjWO
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

New here, but just wondered if anyone has ever had a positive outcome regarding the Screen Protector issue.

Mine is currently with TMT who have rolled out the old "Impact Damage Warranty Void" nonsense.

Just would like to know what recent outcomes have been like and if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding escalation?

Thanks in advance,

Kev.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Don't send it to them TMT First crooks, just DiY with a Whitestone,.I did on my wife's ZFLIP3
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
GlenRobertson
Explorer
Options
Peel it off.Mine started bubbling around the crease 8 months ago so I got rid.
The screen is still perfect and scratch free.
OzzyB
Explorer
Options
BUT...it DOES void the warranty. Booked a repair on line as the Z3 kept crahing. Took to EE as they were authorised repair centre ( although bought direct from Samsung). EE wouldn't touch it. Spoke to Samsung who confirmed warranty was now void. WTF! It was a screen protector. Nothing more. Where does it say in T&c's that removing a screen protector will void warranty. Absolutely ridiculous and a scandal. Long time Samsung family but NEVER EVER buy any product from them again.
0 Likes
Members_5rOLjWO
Apprentice
Options

Hi OzzyB,

Thanks for the reply (and everyone else).

Did you challenge Samsung under the consumer rights act? 

They seem to be trying to hide behind the whole "warranty" thing when in fact the phone screen protector is not fit for purpose and they are therefore liable to replace, repair or refund.

I'm absolutely fuming that they treat customers like this !!

BTW, my phone is now on it's way back as I "timed out" on accepting the out of warranty repair at a cost of £339 !!!

I intend to take this as far as I can, including court if necessary.

OzzyB
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the extremely sensible and informative reply. 👍
I've tried explaining that the screen protector just isn't fit for purpose and whilst the guy on the phone at Samsung customer service was very polite and helpful he just couldn't help with my complaint. He confirmed that if I returned the phone to Samsung direct they had to repair to factory standard which would mean paying for a new protector as well as whatever was causing my hardware issue.
I asked him to send me the actual t&c's that clearly stated the specific clause highlighting that removing the protector invalidates the warranty but he referred to the warranty booklet in the box. I still have that and it just isn't there.