Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen not turning off

(Topic created on: 24-07-2023 08:09 PM)
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
Hi,

Since last update, the screen sometimes not turning off. Both, the cover and main. Many times have seen on mine and my wife's pbone as well. Settings checked, but obviously nothing changed, all the same as before. 

Anyone else with the same issue?

Thanks,

Peter
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ivanfila
Explorer
Options
have you checked if Always On Display is on?
0 Likes
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
Always on display is switched to appears on tap 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A good troubleshooting step if a phone is misbehaving after an update is to clear the phone's System Partition Section Cache Files @StuPenguin 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
So i have tried different things, none of them helped. Found out, the screen is not turning off when the phone is charging. It has never been an issue, only since the last update. So i dug deep into it, and here is the solution: Need to switch on the "developer options" and switch off the "always awake" option. How i said, i never had this issue, came up since the last uldate only 🤔