Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Z Flip 4 Back Cover Lifting/Peeling Off

(Topic created on: 12-11-2023 12:35 AM)
ArtNaori
First Poster
Options

In 16 days I will have had the Z Flip 4 for a year. A few months in of me having it, the hard plastic back cover is peeling/lifting off, giving me the option to fully peel it off with my nails. When looking under the part that is peeling off, the part that covers the electronics and internals of the phone stays on, as if the peeling part is just a protective cover to make the phone even or something. I don't know whether to keep it on or peel it off, cause its peeling from every side and there is a lot of dust gathering underneath

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Best thing is to not peal it off.
Contact Samsung Customer Support and arrange a repair
This is an unusual issue and it's best just in case not to use it in case its an issue with the battery
You can find contact details in the Samsung Members App support section
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Like @Glenntech says get it checked it sounds like an issue.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
ArtNaori
First Poster
Options

My battery is fine, so is my screen and my phone performance in general. It's just the hard plastic cover that's peeling off. I added 2 photos with both the top and bottom parts that are peeling off (sorry for bad quality, photos were taken with laptop camera cause I don't have a second phone). I can't find anything even remotely similar to my case online so I don't know what to do really. Because while one of the more obvious things is to repair it, my family is in a kind of bad financial situation right now so we can't afford any repairs. . WIN_20231112_20_38_00_Pro.jpgWIN_20231112_20_38_06_Pro.jpgAs you can see here, I am slightly lifting the hard plastic cover with my nail and it seems to be just extra protection or something. I won't peel it off fully cause I don't want to possibly damage my phone's performance but I just don't really understand what is happening.As you can see here, I am slightly lifting the hard plastic cover with my nail and it seems to be just extra protection or something. I won't peel it off fully cause I don't want to possibly damage my phone's performance but I just don't really understand what is happening.

0 Likes
pam p
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue did you get it checked out, what was the outcome
0 Likes