Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Buds2 Pro Promotion Valid Claim Rejection

(Topic created on: 17-01-2023 06:17 PM)
Members_kB0dY5S
First Poster
Options

I tried to claim the promotional buds, however Samsung rejected my perfectly valid claim.

My claim submission satisfied the Terms & Conditions and provided all of the information requested.

From the back & forth with the claims queries team, they have admitted that the criteria they are using to verify the purchase differs from that which they are requesting customers send. 

(They state that the information can be provided on combination of documents, however, they are only accepting the information if it is on a single document).

In my case, this made it impossible to obtain the promotional goods even though I had sent all of the Vodafone documentation for new phone purchase.

I am sure that there are many customers who have struggled and been unable to receive promotional goods that they were legitimately entitled too.

Opening a case with Trading Standards and the Advertising Standards Authority is extremely easy and whilst it may not get you the item you were entitled to, it may help to ensure that should you buy a Samsung product in the future, you actually receive the promotional item.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Members_kB0dY5S. That's very strange indeed. Typically, the retailer/network will provide a proof of purchase that fits on a single page.

If this was the sticking point, I highly recommend requesting this from the retailer and then sending it our Promotions Team. It is possible that the format which Vodafone provided this information was not sufficient for validating your claim yet.

When sending your proof of purchase, it is important that you ensure the following information is clearly visible:

• What you bought.
  • Where you bought it from.
  • When you bought it.

I'd recommend that you continue liaising with the Promotions Team, so that it has all the information needed to validate your claim. You can get clarity on exactly what is needed when you hear back from the team.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Osimoregulation
Journeyman
Options
@PaulM1, please do not insult us. You know full well that these promotions are scams to attract customers to buy Samsung products. Samsung has no intentions of honouring these promotion
0 Likes
Osimoregulation
Journeyman
Options

Here is a reply from the fictious promotional team when I raised an issue that the link which they sent me did not work.

Xee M. (Samsung)

Jun 12, 2023, 19:01 GMT+1

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Samsung Shop Team.

Good day. Hope all is well.

First, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced, and we'd like to take the opportunity to resolve your concerns and earn your continued trust.

This is in line with the Google voucher that you are trying to claim, we apologise but claim period already ended. Therefore, claim won't be accepted anymore.

We can offer you a goodwill gesture worth £30.00 voucher code as a good will gesture to cover the inconvenience. We're hoping to get your response regarding this so I can have it generated. And to set proper expectation that it is only available on the regular website www.samsung.com/uk 

For further assistance, don't hesitate to visit our website samsung.com/uk

Kind regards,

Xee
Samsung Shop Support Team

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Osimoregulation. I appreciate you taking the time to post. I had to remove the reference number that was contained within your post, as this is unique to you and it's best to conceal this from public view.

I can assure you that these promotions are always offered in good faith (and obviously are very enticing as well), but the Promotions Team is bound by the same Terms and Conditions, so the promotional gifts need to be claimed within the set timeframe and following the specific instructions that are outlined on the "How to claim" section of the site.

I am sorry that you had cause for concern and hope that you get the opportunity to claim one of our future promotions.

0 Likes