Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outer screen damage

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 11:32 AM)
SteveTUK
Explorer
Options
The outer screen on my Z Fold 3 has two hairline scratches horizontal left to right - I think these are on the protective coating applied by Samsung.

Can anyone advise on how I can get this fixed? I have care+ cover but is it included?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes on the inner main large screen it's best to leave that well alone as its vital protection, and if not removed very carefully, can damage that screen.
But the outer front display screen can be easily removed. But I'd advise replacing it personally.
It's just a film they put on to protect the glass during manufacturing and packing.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you left the screen protector on it?
The phone comes with a film applied to the screen. If you have, simply order one off a website like amazon and take the old one off.
If you have and the glass itself is scratched. If the screen works fine then it's deemed as cosmetic, so probably won't be covered.
0 Likes
SteveTUK
Explorer
Options
Yes I left it untouched other than to remove the plastic film wrap the phone came in. I thought it said during set up not to remove the protector at all costs?
0 Likes
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes on the inner main large screen it's best to leave that well alone as its vital protection, and if not removed very carefully, can damage that screen.
But the outer front display screen can be easily removed. But I'd advise replacing it personally.
It's just a film they put on to protect the glass during manufacturing and packing.
SteveTUK
Explorer
Options
Ahh fantastic, ok I gave that a try and you're absolutely right it was just plastic so I've removed it no problems and the scratches have gone. I'll replace with a new one!
0 Likes