Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Mobile and Desktop View on Fold³ using Samsung Internet.

(Topic created on: 12-12-2021 07:14 PM)
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My preference is to use the Samsung Internet App on my Fold³.

I'd love to be able to view my open Internet pages on the cover using Mobile view as it's easier on the eye in regards to page size that way.

But then be able to view the page as the desktop version on the bigger inner screen as on most forum pages the desktop option has a rich option to be able to access more options etc.

I've looked and I'm sure this isn't a current option to use.

Right now I have to manually select the option.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarlH
Options
8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hi @BandOfBrothers. I've passed on your suggestion. Hope all is well! 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately not @xSteveuk but thank you for the link. 👍

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you @CarlH 

It would be helpful and innovative especially with the Fold phone's.

I typically use the cover screen to quickly check my open Internet pages and mobile view looks better on that particular screen.

Then if I want to reply the rich editor offers more options to use on the bigger internal screen. 

I appreciate I can choose the desktop tab within the settings.

Thank you for replying.

I'm good thank you and I trust the Samsung Team are too.

CarlH
Options
AntS
Options

Hi all! Just following this up.

The developers like your suggestion @BandOfBrothers , but are looking for more folks who would like it too before considering introducing it - so I'd encourage anyone else out there who'd like it to let us know in this thread or via the Members app. 😎👍

Datrufh
Apprentice
Options

This is why I returned my Galaxy Fold 3. I cannot justify paying almost $2000.00 for a watered-down device in terms of productivity. I also can state that I pre-ordered the Galaxy Fold 4 with the hopes for this issue improving; a few days later, I found out through YouTube that this phone is also on display at the Samsung Experience Store, and guess what happened when I went to check out the phone?!? The same issue! I have a 7” screen that cannot render “desktop mode” correctly when browsing websites. I currently own an iPhone 13 Pro Max, Which renders “desktop mode” very well. So I will be returning my Fold 4, Watch 5 Pro, and Buds 2 Pro when it is delivered on the 26th of this month because the primary reason for my purchase now makes no sense, which is to have a phone and tablet for “maximum productivity”. That Samsung has not provided for the Galaxy Fold 4. Sad.

0 Likes
Datrufh
Apprentice
Options

This is why I returned my Galaxy Fold 3. I cannot justify paying almost $2000.00 for a watered-down device in terms of productivity. I also can state that I pre-ordered the Galaxy Fold 4 with the hopes for this issue improving; a few days later, I found out through YouTube that this phone is also on display at the Samsung Experience Store, and guess what happened when I went to check out the phone?!? The same issue! I have a 7” screen that cannot render “desktop mode” correctly when browsing websites. I currently own an iPhone 13 Pro Max, Which renders “desktop mode” very well. So I will be returning my Fold 4, Watch 5 Pro, and Buds 2 Pro when it is delivered on the 26th of this month because the primary reason for my purchase now makes no sense, which is to have a phone and tablet for “maximum productivity”. That Samsung has not provided for the Galaxy Fold 4. Sad.

0 Likes