Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main screen malfunctioning when opening and closing handset

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 06:10 PM)
AUsmn
First Poster
Options
I have an issue recently with my z flip 3. When i open it, the screen just black need to press the power button a few times or close and re open the phone. Anyone have the same issue? Anyone know what is the cause and how to fix that issue?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Chippy_Muncher
Navigator
Options
This problem is very common with foldable devices and if you have tried wiping cashe using samsung's recovery menu or resetting the phone to factory settings then personally I would speak to a samsung engineer
0 Likes
mtimbone
Journeyman
Options

A user with the same problem posted under a different heading, that he was able to fix the issue by uninstalling the One UI Home app on his phone. Go to  Settings-Apps-One UI Home-Three Dots in the upper right hand corner-Uninstall updates.   I also hit "Force Stop".   After you do this you lose a lot of Home screen functionality. The app is needed, so I rebooted my phone and updated the One UI Home App.  This seemed to work for me so far.  I am also pleased that the issue could be related to a software bug vs. a hardware issue where the screen would have to be replaced.   If anyone tries and plays around with the One UI Home app and is successful in solving the issue please post.  There are a lot of post with this issue and this could be the "solved" answer.  

0 Likes
AUsmn
First Poster
Options
Tried that but nothing changes
0 Likes
AUsmn
First Poster
Options
Trying to find how to uninstall one ui home updates but cant find the way how to do that like what you said
0 Likes
mtimbone
Journeyman
Options

AUsum, sorry you are having issues with the Flip 3.  You are not alone.  Just to update, the uninstalling the UI Home solution eventually did NOT work after all.  I am a United States user and I found a UbreakiFix store location that replaced the front screen under warranty and I then traded in my phone with Samsung for the Galaxy Flip 4.  Pretty much the same phone but the fold feels stronger.  So far I have not read about anyone have any issues.   Hopefully Samsung improved on the issue.   When the phone was first released Samsung US was giving a generous trade in amount.   Samsung is aware of the issue.  Try calling and request a warranty repair.   You have to be persistent and try and get Samsung to replace the screen for free.  Depending on which country you are from they may or may not fix it.  You may have to call several different Customer Service Representatives because they all give different answers, solutions and responses to the issue.    Good luck.

Members_Ylyw9O6
Apprentice
Options

I found the solution to this problem after Samsung refusing to inspect the problem but try really hard to void your warranty by FINDING a scratch. Anyway, I found out it was a RAM issue for my case, so I screenshot the list while I clear memory (RAM) for unused apps. What worked for mine is the "Meta Services", which allegedly is for Facebook. After disable this in the setting-->app, it works perfectly.

But, will never buy anything from Samsung after their terrible service and bad approach to solve issues - by FINDING a scratch and waiving your warranty! Problem solved for them!

AUsmn
First Poster
Options
Same here. Mine got scratch so they void the warranty and tried with disable meta services it was work for a while but the problem come back again now. Just leave it as it is
0 Likes
Flippin
First Poster
Options
Have the same issue with my Z flip 3 but issue gotten worse as I can't power it back on without connect to charger. Done all the steps and factory reset not solving the issue. Samsung Support wants me to send the phone in for repair which I know that they will charge me to replace the whole display. Never again I am going to buy another Flip or Fold from Samsung. It's a joke that they even have the audacity to mock Apple using Flip phone, at least Iphone did not break in only a year and much realiable.
0 Likes
Flippin
First Poster
Options
I notice that the black screen does not happen if I don't flip the phone. Unsure whether it's sue to Android 12 software update or hardware issue with the flip. Either way, very unreliable and what's the point if a flip phone that cannot flip.
0 Likes