Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3

(Topic created on: 16-06-2023 05:15 PM)
issuefold4
Journeyman
Options
My phone has developed a black mark on the fold part of the screen it hasn't got bigger but not sure how this has happened. I don't want to send in for them to say it not in warrenty . I've had the flip 3 & 4 and tnd the fold 3 and didn't happen to them phones

5 REPLIES 5
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wow sorry to here, never seen this before, reminds of that YouTube guy JerryRig burning screen with a cigarette lighter.

Your is really odd though and worrying.
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
0 Likes
keith30
Mastermind
Options
Looks like it the hinge in the centre screen fold is starting to coming away, probably spread if your not to careful.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @issuefold4. It is entirely your call, of course, but I'd recommend getting your Z Fold4 inspected and, if necessary, repaired. The inspection would be thorough, so you'd know the cause of the issue and how it can be remedied. You can reach out to our Support Teams here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/contact3/

This would be useful if you just wanted to discuss your options, or if you wanted a Pick up repair being raised on your behalf. However, you can also raise the repair yourself here (with various options being available, depending upon where you live and your own preference):

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

If the engineer deems the cause of the issue to not be covered by warranty, you will be provided a quote before any repairs are carried out. If you decline the quote, your phone would be returned to you unrepaired.

Please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
dleegoangels
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my Z Fold 3 but my warranty is over.  I'm sure the repair is going to be costly.  Hopefully you bought yours within 1 Year.  I'm probably going to go back to a regular phone because I think the constant opening and closing of the ZFold creates the black mark on the inside of the screen.

0 Likes
Ace159st
Student
Options

Good luck! I have a Zfold 3 with the black line of death! Started at the top, now it’s all the way to the bottom! 

0 Likes