Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3, the black line screen of death after 2half years

(Topic created on: 14-01-2024 05:43 AM)
GiZsY
Explorer
Options
I purchase my fold 3 ,April 2021 , as a present to myself and being a Galaxy fan since the Galaxy S1 (#trendsetting) , I have used this device an most of the features more than I have with any other Samsung Smart Device (love this piece of pioneering Tech), I woke up to a black line screen of death (in my case green an in the middle of the screen small slith) also my phone almost caught on fire, connected the charger as normal and immediately I then smelled a burning smell ,figured out strigh away this smell was coming from the phone , which was weird , I moved rooms With the pone still connected to usbC ,I connected the plug to to the socket an then I smelled burning just. be careful if you have a fold 3
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AsadM
Options

Hi @GiZsY,  I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. Information on how you can send this can be found here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

Alternatively, you can reach out to the Samsung UK Technical Support Team directly, and an advisor will be able to pass your details to the relevant department for further assistance. Their contact details can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

GiZsY
Explorer
Options
Thanks @AsadM for the reachingout , I have already done this step and samsung contracted repairs said that this has been caused by wear and tear an this is not covered by the warranty (manufacturer defect not covered by warranty ),WOW WHOA . On one day the phone slipped out of my hand and landed on a small stone, whilst taking a selfie an the outside screen cracked, however the inside screen was fine for some time then one day I woke up to the black screen of death(green slith), right in the middle of the screen , which the manufacturer SAMSUNG deals with this issue of mine in the easiest way in my experience "WEAR AN TEAR" I'M UP SET an NOT satisfied. SIDENOTE: - with all that said this thing is a BEAST, still going strong flawlessly . To be honest I'm so attached to this FOLD 3 I don't even want to send this in for repairs ... of course I have other avenues other than samsung repairs, insurance for instance . Once again thanks again #IzDizTooMuch #iDTMFaShIoN
0 Likes