Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 4 problem

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 08:32 PM)
horuseus72
Pioneer
Options

While using dark theme the keyboard is white, no matter what you do it's always reseting to white. It has been a problem for many flip/fold users after one ui 5.1.1 update. 

Since it was not patched for almost 2 months already, noone  responds to my report in samsung members, I've decided to post this here because I've noticed that some staff actually reads these posts sometimes soo.. Is there a tiny chance that anyone gives a ... about something else than the latest S and Z series users?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
maanav
First Poster
Options
I know how to fix
0 Likes
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@horuseus72 

Not a Samsung fix but there are some workarounds for the white keyboard issue that particularly plagues the Flip4. See...

Samsung keyboard theme resets to default or light mode after One UI 5.1.1 update on Galaxy Z Flip 4?...

https://piunikaweb.com/2023/09/19/samsung-galaxy-z-flip-4-keyboard-resetting-to-light-mode/

Hope it help temporarily at least.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please tell the OP then
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
horuseus72
Pioneer
Options

I've already tried it, as many other suggested fixes but everything works temporarily (not longer than 2 minutes and it resets to white).

But thanks for trying to help atleast.

ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@horuseus72 

I guess you've already tried wiping the cache partition and repairing apps.

Do you know if it happens to other keyboards apart from Samsung's?

I hope the forthcoming One UI 6.0 beta release will solve the issue... only time will tell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
horuseus72
Pioneer
Options

Yeah, i tried wiping cache and even reseting my Device but nothing helped.

That bug affects samsung keyboard, Microsoft swiftkey and gboard (although gboard resets from my color theme keyboard to Black so it's not the worse)

But yeah, I Hope they will fix that someday because beside the color reseting the keyboard also lags sometimes which was not a thing before that bug appeared.

maanav
First Poster
Options
Have you went to keyboard settings
0 Likes