Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAULTY FOLD 4, BLANK SCREEN ON OPENING THE FOLD

(Topic created on: 17-09-2023 11:02 AM)
Porus
Student
Options

Dear Samsung,

I stay in Egypt bought  a fold 4 from Dubai, was using happily with minor snags until yesterday. Suddenly the phone goes blank after a few minutes the front small screen starts working but if f i open the fold or if i unfold it again the front screen goes blank and middle is already blank. I saw a video of trying to restart the phone by pressing the low volume button and the start button for 20 seconds. Doing that the phone starts and even when unfolded the phone works but for a short while, then with a hissing sound stops. Am getting a serious software error and to reload the software. While on going to a Samsung service shop i am promptly told to change the internal display for a cost of around 600 USD. 

I am really disappointed in Samsung, i need to buy a new phone to repair this old phone because i cant do without a phone ?? Why make faulty phones ??  Why spoil your reputation ?? 

Shame

30 REPLIES 30
AndrewL
Options

@Porus : I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue on your Galaxy Z Fold4. Software and hardware variances exist in our products from region to region, so my ability to assist with non-EU devices is sadly limited from this position. Although I appreciate that you have already been in touch, I strongly recommend that you continue to liaise with Samsung Egypt regarding this issue, as they are in the best position to get this resolved for you. 

https://www.samsung.com/eg/contact/

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately technology can ans will fail from time to time @Porus  even with a new phone.

You would need to contact the Samsung Support Team in the region that you purchased the phone for warranty Support. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SAUR
Apprentice
Options

I hava 1 v 1 problem Galaxy z fold 4 one ui 5.1.1 region xxv has the same absolutely problem as described above, started a week ago by itself. Has anyone tried to install one ui 5.0 or android 12 ? Its massive programm bug !!! SAMSUNG FIX IT !

nellyhawks
Apprentice
Options
My fold blanks on opening.
Happened during normal use one day on opening.
I can use front screen, internal one blanks once past 10% opened.
Sent back to Samsung for warranty repair (phone 11 mnths okd) to be told I have to pay (£566) as screen is damaged.
How can a screen become damaged in normal use?
Contacting citizens advice.
There is no way I will ever purchase another Samsung.
Disgusted
Porus
Student
Options

Sorry to hear that i am sure there are 100s of others facing the same issue, i have no solution yet bought another phone and this faulty fold is sitting in my drawer. I do wonder if Samsung will come out with a solution, I asked the samsung repair team if i pay this 600usd how do i know the problem will not recur, their answer is it can always happen with a new phone so they give a 3 or 6 months guarantee. Is there any way Samsung can help repair this fault? 

wil1986
First Poster
Options

Same Issue here. The Unfolding only works if I Restart and then use the tablet mode. But if I fold it and unfold it then a blank screen on tablet mode. This is my second Samsung phone black screen issue. I want to flush out the new update maybe it's because of the new update. If this will not be given attention by Samsung then this will be my last phone from them. Then maybe after 10 years as a Samsung user, it's time to move to Apple.

0 Likes
Members_PZiXQAx
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue,  updated and now when i open the phone to go to the main screen the display goes off. Very disappointed.  Samsung need to look at this issue ASAP or like many I will not be a returning customer. 

0 Likes
Asaf Singal
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem since 5 days ago, the phone is 15 months year old and cost more than 1500 USD.

I'm getting a black screen when unfolding the phone. I'm super disappointed with Samsung phones.  This is my last time buying Samsung, so help me god. 

Teeojay
First Poster
Options
The side button on my z4 fold does not work when closed
0 Likes