Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked Screen on Samsung Z Flip

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 09:28 AM)
P2daAULo
Journeyman
Options
I woke up after leaving my Z flip on wireless charge over night, opened the phone to see the screen had cracked down the fold. So unhappy 😥...seen from YouTube that this has happened to so many other people....I feel so ripped off for this expensive phone 😓  Of course it occurred after 15 months ...Samsung screen repair offer valid only for the first 12 months...and I'm left paying for a phone for another 9 more months (£100 a month) with my network provider....gutted this side 😭  Will never try new tech from Samsung again. 
35 REPLIES 35
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Be even better if they just replace the ***** thing without trying to wriggle out of it
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I agree @antikythera

These folding phones are nowhere near ready for prime time in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, if you like the latest tech, have deep pockets and you're more than happy to put up with the hurdles that come with using such tech then get one. But don't think for a minute that a manufacturer is going to treat you with any form of value or loyalty just because you splash out a bit of extra cash on a phone!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I like the Microsoft design where it's two screens separated by a thin piano style hinge. If I wanted a folding phone I'd go down that route.
0 Likes
MikeS20
Apprentice
Options

Exact same thing happened to my phone with the crack at the fold point.  Looks just like your picture.  Mine only took a few months to happen and was fixed under warranty.  Even if beyond the 12 month warranty Samsung should back their products and replace these defective units.  Hope in the end they do the right thing for you and reimburse you.

0 Likes
Evanderhoof
First Poster
Options

Hello,  I am wondering if you ever made progress with Samsung?  I am now on my 2nd zflip in 13 months, and my current one is going to need replaced, all due to the same cracked screen issue.  Please let me know, thanks.

0 Likes
AndreyC
First Poster
Options

Same issue two days after start using it. Screen cracked while the phone was in a pocket folded. Still covered by return policy so phone will be replaced. But not really fancy phone replacement every month or so

0 Likes
Susan good
Student
Options

My phone only 5 months old. Screen cracked clearly in the fold from the folding. There saying physical damage when clearly it's a design fault. 550 to fix screen. And no taking responsibility. This phone is awful

0 Likes
kiwiandstrawberry
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I had exactly the same issue as you with my galaxy z flip and they came to pick it up few days agao to investigate and just today they sent me an invoice of £99 to repair the phone which I don't understand because I had it for 3 months so it's still under warranty. Also I've never dropped it or anything in fact I was taking care of it really well. Which let me think that samsung is not doing us well with their folding phones cracking after few months of use.

0 Likes
Susan good
Student
Options

Crazy guys. No one taking responsibility three sending me to Samsung. Samsung sending me to three. It's clearly a design issue.  Terrible I have to fight for my consumer rights

Jojo5
First Poster
Options

The same thing just happened to me. Went to sleep and woke up with my phone cracked right down the middle. Now they are saying it is fall damage and trying to charge me 700 euros for the repair when I've only had it for a month.

0 Likes