Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Copying images to a USB stick

(Topic created on: 18-10-2022 07:22 PM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Let's say I take some photos with the Flip 3's camera and they appear in my Gallery folder. If I now mount a USB memory stick, how do I transfer the photos to the memory stick? I've tried using Copy and Copy to clipboard but whenever i then view the contents of the memory stick there's never any option to paste items to it. Up to now I've managed to transfer them - but it always seems to happen by accident. I can't find a repeatable way of transferring items from My Gallery folder to a USB stick 😞

5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@johne53 Hello, from the Gallery it will not give you the option to copy and paste,or Move- to the external USB memory.
To do so, go to Internal memory/DCIM/Camera and from this directory you can copy files and paste them on the USB.
Greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Neo001
Legend
Options

@johne53 You could open the Files app in split screen mode - one for DIM/Camera folder as @Ventor @ and the other for your USB stick folder. This would make the copying easier.

Screenshot_20221018-201610_My Files.jpg

nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Use Dropbox, it will sync pictures from your phone to pc. You can then just drag and drop to the usb stick.
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks @Ventor but where do I find Internal memory/DCIM/Camera? I've tried under Settings (including a search for DCIM) but I couldn't find anything.

Dropbox would be good except it's not useable on my PC here (complicated reasons...)

And @Neo001 - split screen mode is how I usually manage to achieve it but it doesn't always work 😞

Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@johne53 hello, open the app of your phone- the file explorer/My files/, and in Internal memory, you will find the DCIM/Camera folder.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes