Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Copying images to a USB stick

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 09:44 AM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Let's say I take some photos with the Flip 3's camera and they appear in my Gallery folder. If I now mount a USB memory stick, how do I transfer the photos to the memory stick? I've tried using Copy and Copy to clipboard but whenever i then view the contents of the memory stick there's never any option to paste items to it. Up to now I've managed to transfer them - but it always seems to happen by accident. I can't find a repeatable way of transferring items from My Gallery folder to a USB stick 😞

8 REPLIES 8
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@johne53 Hello, from the Gallery it will not give you the option to copy and paste,or Move- to the external USB memory.
To do so, go to Internal memory/DCIM/Camera and from this directory you can copy files and paste them on the USB.
Greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Neo001
Legend
Options

@johne53 You could open the Files app in split screen mode - one for DIM/Camera folder as @Ventor @ and the other for your USB stick folder. This would make the copying easier.

Screenshot_20221018-201610_My Files.jpg

nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Use Dropbox, it will sync pictures from your phone to pc. You can then just drag and drop to the usb stick.
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks @Ventor but where do I find Internal memory/DCIM/Camera? I've tried under Settings (including a search for DCIM) but I couldn't find anything.

Dropbox would be good except it's not useable on my PC here (complicated reasons...)

And @Neo001 - split screen mode is how I usually manage to achieve it but it doesn't always work 😞

Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@johne53 hello, open the app of your phone- the file explorer/My files/, and in Internal memory, you will find the DCIM/Camera folder.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

@Neo001 - if you're still around these days could you remind me how to open the Files app in split screen mode? I was trying to figure it out it yesterday but the only Files app I could find was My Files which didn't seem to offer a split screen mode (or maybe I just couldn't find it...)

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

1.Open My Files app.

2. Switch to Recent view.

3. Press on the My Files app icon to see the options

4. Click on Open in Split screen view

5. Search for and open My Files in the lower part of split screen

20240417_104332.gif

0 Likes
(1)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

I can get to the stage where I see Categories at the top of my screen, followed by Storage a bit further down but in your case it looks like you're enabling Categories somehow, so that it then appears in its own smaller window. I can't seem to get to that stage any more 😞

[Edit...] It's okay I found it... I need to press the 3 vertical lines (bottom LHS) and then when the window contacts in size, press the orange My Files icon which then shows the 'split screen' menu option

0 Likes