Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp Images folder won't backup to OneDrive

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Members_SeSkzqJ
First Poster
Options

Ive only just realised Samsung have really messed up backing up to OneDrive via Gallery.

I have 16 folders it should backup when I search in OneDrive using Photos/Explore/Photos on device/see all. I then go in to the WhatsApp Images folder and can see everything - on the device only at this stage.

I then look in Gallery and go to Albums/View all and can see the same 16, but when I look in WhatsApp Images, the OneDrive icons shows it isn't copying. When I select the OneDrive icon it takes me Albums to Sync and only offers me 12, with no option to add WhatsApp Images.

Please fix this asap.

and it seems to only offer me max of 12 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
If you can find a solution to this, I'd be very interested. I've also noticed my Whatsapp images, videos etc don't sync to OneDrive anymore. Don't know if it's because WhatsApp changed where files are saved, or some file permissions need changing, but I'd like to know if it's possible to get this feature back.1714427634107.jpg1714427634124.jpg
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I have been looking into this and experimenting and I found a lot of my folders weren't backing up to onedrive. Some of them were not in the correct place in onedrive so I moved them in onedrive to the correct place and then in gallery the cloud symbol showed up on that folder. I suspect that our WhatsApp images are being saved to an old WhatsApp folder in onedrive from previous devices so not saving them on onedrive but syncing them for visibility. Take a look at this in onedrive, I suspect this has something to do with it, I managed to get my other folders working that weren't before but the ones that were one onedrive initially don't show a cloud .1714494277579.jpg
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
All my other folders in the gallery, sync with OneDrive as expected (and show the cloud icon), it's just the WhatsApp folders that dont sync and show the cloud icon with the line thru it. I can't even recall if they ever did tbh.
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Well I am deleting stuff from my onedrive and then trying again