Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen after unlocking phone

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 11:44 AM)
Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
Hi,

Anyone else had issues since upgrading to One UI 4.1 that the screen goes black when opening up the phone and logging in? It appears that the screen is available but completely black

I've submitted something to Samsung this morning but wondered if any other users had the issue? 

Thanks
Alex
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@Alexwba: For clarity, is the screen black when you initially open the phone, or after you enter your lock screen credentials? If you press the Power/Side Key, does this wake the screen as intended? 

0 Likes
Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
Hi Andrew, when I open the phone, the screen pic shows for less than a sec and then everything goes black. If you then use the fingerprint unlock you can seem to hear the phone unlock but screen is still black. I then have to either close and reopen and couple of times for it to work or I can sometimes press the power button which locks and then unlock again. I will add its not every single time
0 Likes
Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
Just to add, the screen is black but still working so if I click on an action like back in the settings page, it will actually take me back a page. If I then lock and unlock again, the page where it went black has moved to a different one. The last couple of times it's happened the screen has allowed me to log in and then gone black 🤷🏼‍♂️
0 Likes
wrightywithaw
Apprentice
Options
My phone is also doing this since the update. I'm hoping it will be fixed soon as its really annoying.
Alexwba
Pioneer
Options

I've got mine going in for repair on Monday so will be interesting to see what they say. It's got better the last 24 hours so wondering if it's a phone issue rather than the update 

0 Likes
wrightywithaw
Apprentice
Options
It will be interesting what they find. Can you keep me posted?
0 Likes
Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
Hi, so I sent my phone off on 9th April and received back today. According the the note in the package they have replaced / updated the main screen and battery. I suppose time will tell but been impressed it's only took 11 days to return including the bank holiday so not too bad. Worth doing if you can be without your phone for a couple of weeks
wrightywithaw
Apprentice
Options
Mine was supposed to go back on Tues but the DPD driver went to the wrong house! I've rearranged for collection on Friday and hopefully I will be required then. Its become unusable now. Thanks for letting me know BTW!
0 Likes
cpollick
Journeyman
Options

I need my phone for work (I'm a physician). I'd like to find a workaround.

0 Likes